Hargreave: Why Iâ??m investing in Rangers Football Club

The quicker we get back to the top league, and start finishing a few seasons 15/20 points behind the ********, the quicker people will wake up and smell the coffee. I'm starting think green is happy we got demoted to div 3. More or less the same income, without the added pressure of actually running Rangers the way it deserves. To compete with celtic, we cannot make any profit whatsoever. This has been the reality of Scottish football for 2 decades. 33% of turnover on players will see us never again in the CL. Quite at odds with greens promise to be here until he hears the CL music. I hope we are all prepared to watch them life title after title for the next decade and probably get 10 in a row. That's the reality of our wonderful new business model.

no, it isnt possible. the wages were not that different between us when under walter smith, certainly no where near the difference they would be if we capped at 30%. our 3 in a row squad was enormous and in the end we could not afford to carry it hence the level of debt which led to the bank taking over.

hearts finished above one of our worst ever rangers teams. sure they had a much smaller wage bill but they had no chance of catching celtic over the season and it only proves how poor we were that year.

Think your wrong here. Debt levels came down year on year in that 3 seasons.

Also its been pretty well documented, including in the interview from Paul Murray, that once Bank of Scotland was bought over by LBG they wanted out asap hence taking over the club.

Also worst ever Rangers team that included Klos, Prso, Novo, Hemdani, Ferguson, Ricksen, Ball, Lovenkrands - it was clearly a stinker of a season but nowhere even close to the worst Rangers team.

Think your wrong here. Debt levels came down year on year in that 3 seasons.

Also its been pretty well documented, including in the interview from Paul Murray, that once Bank of Scotland was bought over by LBG they wanted out asap hence taking over the club.

Also worst ever Rangers team that included Klos, Prso, Novo, Hemdani, Ferguson, Ricksen, Ball, Lovenkrands - it was clearly a stinker of a season but nowhere even close to the worst Rangers team.

we ended up 33 million in debt at one point under walter smith and thanks to automatic qualification for the champions league we managed to cut it down. our wage bill was still massive with a squad of over 30 players. had we not won those titles, god knows what would have happened to us. we clearly couldnt afford the squad walter was allowed to build.

you are right it wasnt the worst, i said the worst or one of the worst because of our league placing and how our results went, that year still makes me angry thinking back to it. it was diabolical, the fact it had some decent players in it too does big eck no favours whatsoever or indeed those players. big egos and over paid mercenaries. it was the very end of a very short era.

Edited by kuznetsov

The quicker we get back to the top league, and start finishing a few seasons 15/20 points behind the ********, the quicker people will wake up and smell the coffee. I'm starting think green is happy we got demoted to div 3. More or less the same income, without the added pressure of actually running Rangers the way it deserves. To compete with celtic, we cannot make any profit whatsoever. This has been the reality of Scottish football for 2 decades. 33% of turnover on players will see us never again in the CL. Quite at odds with greens promise to be here until he hears the CL music. I hope we are all prepared to watch them life title after title for the next decade and probably get 10 in a row. That's the reality of our wonderful new business model.

As I asked kuznetsov, can I have the lottery numbers?

This really is all predictions from you right now.