Hargreave: Why Iâ??m investing in Rangers Football Club

I dunno. Maybe I fancy watching us win the league, or having a decent run in europe one day. Stupid, I know.

I just don't understand that line of thinking...so we almost dissapeared completely and you would want to rinse and repeat this process over again?

A wage budget of 15-20 million is more than enough to mount a challenge for the title. We just have to be better with our money and youth resources than we were before. And i would rather watch us at least try and win the league and fail than never see us play again.

Actual debt didn't really cause all our previous problems. It was a combination of factors. Many clubs operate quite successfully, with debt way more than what we had. As long as it's manageable, having "debt" is almost vital for success in football, sadly. If celtic spend 40m on players, wages etc, and we spend 20m. 9/10, they will win the league. Simple fact of life.

A combination of factors including unsustainable debt, other clubs operate well with it because they don't play in Scotland, we don't have the government helping us out like Barcelona or the fortunes from Sky like Man Utd.

I'd rather win nothing ever again than even slightly risk going through what we did a second time.

Actual debt didn't really cause all our previous problems. It was a combination of factors. Many clubs operate quite successfully, with debt way more than what we had. As long as it's manageable, having "debt" is almost vital for success in football, sadly. If celtic spend 40m on players, wages etc, and we spend 20m. 9/10, they will win the league. Simple fact of life.

But isnt this where we should adopt a "wait and see" approach ? Green has clearly said that we need to improve the brand and revenue streams of the club. He is looking to maximise the revenue streams, something which I personally think that the previous two regimes never bothered their arse about. SDM and Whyte couldnt look past the end of 35k ST books. Green is saying that we need to be doing far more than that, which is encouraging because we do, or should, have a global brand but we simply arent utilising it nearly as efficiently as we should be. Green realises the necessity to maximise revenue streams.

If Celtic can spend 40 mill on wages then they will do so because of their revenues or having Desmond as a benefactor (but he has barely put his hand in his pocket for them for YEARS), plus you have the Financial Fair Play rules coming into force too.

So if Green can truly maximise our revenues then we stand a chance at least in terms of being able to pay closer to the same level of wages - but obviously his hands are handcuffed to an extent there due to them having a larger capacity and therefore better ticketing revenue possibilities (kuznetsov will LOVE that statement... I sense a tangent within the next page or two of this thread...).

Profit can attract new owners, think why Murray couldn't ever find a buyer?

big tax case? rangers had the potential to be profitable but murray done it all wrong. we posted a profit in 08 but our debt also went up in the same year. murray had us successful more often tan not but could never get the business to work.

But isnt this where we should adopt a "wait and see" approach ? Green has clearly said that we need to improve the brand and revenue streams of the club. He is looking to maximise the revenue streams, something which I personally think that the previous two regimes never bothered their arse about. SDM and Whyte couldnt look past the end of 35k ST books. Green is saying that we need to be doing far more than that, which is encouraging because we do, or should, have a global brand but we simply arent utilising it nearly as efficiently as we should be. Green realises the necessity to maximise revenue streams.

If Celtic can spend 40 mill on wages then they will do so because of their revenues or having Desmond as a benefactor (but he has barely put his hand in his pocket for them for YEARS), plus you have the Financial Fair Play rules coming into force too.

So if Green can truly maximise our revenues then we stand a chance at least in terms of being able to pay closer to the same level of wages - but obviously his hands are handcuffed to an extent there due to them having a larger capacity and therefore better ticketing revenue possibilities (kuznetsov will LOVE that statement... I sense a tangent within the next page or two of this thread...).

You're right about their capacity giving them an edge, but you're also forgetting our commitment to only spending 33% of turnover on players. No matter how much money we make, that will still be a lot less spent than them. Maybe we should just accept living in their shadow for a generation, while green and co all become very rich men off our backs. That is what's happening. Like I said before, it will take a few years of being second best to them before people ask what the fuck is going on. Traditionally, our support doesn't stand up to not winning the league at least as often as them.

Greens business plan is fatally flawed, and most of us think just because he is honest about it, it's ok. It's not ok, and the shit will hit the fan in about 2 years time, when we realise where he has led us. Of course, he wont give a fuck, because he'll be in Barbados with his 2m pension.

i dont think either of them got your point. just because someone wants a level of debt to do something does not mean that person will go bust.