Hargreave: Why Iâ??m investing in Rangers Football Club

I just don't understand that line of thinking...so we almost dissapeared completely and you would want to rinse and repeat this process over again?

A wage budget of 15-20 million is more than enough to mount a challenge for the title. We just have to be better with our money and youth resources than we were before. And i would rather watch us at least try and win the league and fail than never see us play again.

i strongly disagree. how many clubs have won a league title up against a rival who spend double what the challengers do on wages and as consistantly as the rangers fans demand?

i dont think either of them got your point. just because someone wants a level of debt to do something does not mean that person will go bust.

Yip, they didn't. By their rational, none of us would have a credit card or mortgage. The world revolves around debt, especially football.

ny problem is green has locked himself into this 33% thing. the investors won't allow us to exceed it and I just dont believe we can beat celtc spending half what they are.

The million dollar question, is where is the other 67% going? Painting Ibrox every 5 years?

The world also revolved around being financially stable. I find it astounding how the mess we got into has just been forgotten, again it's all about beating Celtic?

Why can we not get ourselves established, and if they have a long period of dominance sobeit? History shows the balance of power always shifts.

Edited by simplythebest

i strongly disagree. how many clubs have won a league title up against a rival who spend double what the challengers do on wages and as consistantly as the rangers fans demand?

To be honest i don't think you could find a situation similar to that anywhere else in the world.

We just have to be better at producing youth players, and buying better value for money. No more 1m on James Beattie type signings. Whoever we buy has to have a future sell on value. We need to learn to market players better than we do...Celtic (as much as it pains me to say) are very good at getting top dollar for average players.

Don't get me wrong if we have a wage bill 30-40% less than them, it will be tough, and we won't be as big of challengers as we are used to year in year out. But the fact is I would rather that, than this lunacy of going back into debt just for the sake of it.

The world also revolved around being financially stable. I find it astounding how the mess we got into has just been forgotten, again it's all about beating Celtic?

Why can we not get ourselves established, and if they have a long period of dominance sobeit? History shows the balance of power always shifts.

Ah well, have fun on their 10 in a row day. They will be almost half way there by the time green has sailed off into the sunset.

Yip, they didn't. By their rational, none of us would have a credit card or mortgage. The world revolves around debt, especially football.

You pay your mortgage for the goal of eventually owning the house and being debt free. We are now debt free and own our house so why on earth you would want to borrow now is beyond me.

So we overspend and end up in debt, what do we do then? Continue to take on more debt and spend more? The fact is eventually we will need to pay this back by cost cutting or we will end up in the same state again. Doing this in football is a massive, massive gamble, spending money is no guarantee of success. So what happens then if we are unsuccessful? Spend more?....