McAusland Extends Contract

78fa804fb67df6be42bb37c459b05e03_S.jpg

YOUNG defender Kyle McAusland has become the latest Auchenhowie starlet to extend his stay with the Light Blues.

The 20-year-old has put pen to paper on a deal which will keep him with the club until the summer of 2015.

A former captain of Billy Kirkwood's under-19 side, McAusland is currently on loan with home town club Ayr United.

McAusland can play as a central defender or at right full back and has managed 17 matches, and three goals, during his spell in Ayrshire.

The agreement with another product of the club's academy follows on from new deals this season for Lewis Macleod, Barrie McKay and Robbie Crawford.

CLUBNEWS.jpg

Read more on the official site...

Apparently he has been doing quite well so looks like he'll be getting his chance from next season.

Luca Gasparotto is also highly thought of so let's hope both start to feature sooner rather than later.

As requested last week, let's try and avoid the hysteria and discuss the issue sensibly.

Perry was poor at the weekend but since his recovery from an operation, he has improved and looks fitter. Cribari as well has been slightly better of late. Obviously both were awful at the weekend (as were the full backs) but I'm hoping we can still see the best of Perry over the coming years.

It may be helpful to try and retain Bocanegra next season to bring some experience and organisation at the back but I can't see him or Goian hanging about. Neither can we probably afford them. As such, an experienced dominant centre half must be top of the manager's shopping list.

As requested last week, let's try and avoid the hysteria and discuss the issue sensibly.

Perry was poor at the weekend but since his recovery from an operation, he has improved and looks fitter. Cribari as well has been slightly better of late. Obviously both were awful at the weekend (as were the full backs) but I'm hoping we can still see the best of Perry over the coming years.

It may be helpful to try and retain Bocanegra next season to bring some experience and organisation at the back but I can't see him or Goian hanging about. Neither can we probably afford them. As such, an experienced dominant centre half must be top of the manager's shopping list.

I would counter that and say Perry looked like he couldn't wait to get off that park on Saturday.

Frankie, we have someone who can fill that void, but due to lack of consistency with our strikers, he's been filling in up front!

Is it just me or are we crying out for a David Weir type figure again?

McCulloch hasn't overly impressed me in defence though he's certainly useful enough there.

Like you say, I'd much rather have a genuine defender there to sort our defence out. Weir was oft-criticised by some of our fans but he was worth his weight in gold.

I would counter that and say Perry looked like he couldn't wait to get off that park on Saturday.

I wouldn't disagree with you there but I seen enough of Perry last season (and glimpses this year) to see that there is a decent player there. I won't be writing him off just yet. :)

McCulloch hasn't overly impressed me in defence though he's certainly useful enough there.

Like you say, I'd much rather have a genuine defender there to sort our defence out. Weir was oft-criticised by some of our fans but he was worth his weight in gold.

Agree on McCulloch to an extent, but I think he's been our most stable influence there and does seem to command the defence well and hold it together a little better. I don't think we'd have had as many gaps there at tthe weekend with Jig in place.

Agree on McCulloch to an extent, but I think he's been our most stable influence there and does seem to command the defence well and hold it together a little better. I don't think we'd have had as many gaps there at tthe weekend with Jig in place.

Possibly but I'd rather look towards a proper centre-half with a proven career in that position. Jig's versatility is possibly his biggest positive (and arguably his biggest negative) but I'd be worried over his ability to tutor younger players in genuine defensive discipline.

Of course, we may not be able to attract nor afford such a player to do that so it may well be Jig is the answer.