McAusland Extends Contract

Possibly but I'd rather look towards a proper centre-half with a proven career in that position. Jig's versatility is possibly his biggest positive (and arguably his biggest negative) but I'd be worried over his ability to tutor younger players in genuine defensive discipline.

Of course, we may not be able to attract nor afford such a player to do that so it may well be Jig is the answer.

I think Boca would be great for that, tons of experience and really shown his class for us previously. However unlikely to return after loan completion unfortunately.

I think Boca would be great for that, tons of experience and really shown his class for us previously. However unlikely to return after loan completion unfortunately.

Unlikely and I'm not sure he'd the aerially dominant player we clearly need in any case. His wages will prove prohibitive to keeping him I'd fancy.

Unlikely and I'm not sure he'd the aerially dominant player we clearly need in any case. His wages will prove prohibitive to keeping him I'd fancy.

Agreed. Out of interest, any idea of his contract situation? Can we make a couple of quid off him or is he returning from loan to end of contract?

Agreed. Out of interest, any idea of his contract situation? Can we make a couple of quid off him or is he returning from loan to end of contract?

I think both he and Goian are contracted until the summer of 2014. I'd fancy both contracts will be mutually terminated in May.

I may be wrong, but even in the third division I don't rate Perry or Cribari.

It's a worry that there is no spine in the team, centre halves, central mid and striker. Jig gives us a presence up front when he plays, and McLeod is a really exciting prospect, but at the back we are woeful.

Bocanegra isn't going to sacrifice playing in one last World Cup to play for us in the 2nd bottom tier or even the bottom tier again.