Jostling in the Penalty Area

Yes and it was nice to have such balanced studio guests :D

och it was poison. itv london wasnt much better with strachan and keane in the studio.

anyway, stv and itv both refused to show rangers live in the champions league but are more than happy to show celtic. hmmm.

Juve defender Lichtsteiner insists it is just a part of the game and does not think Celtic deserved a penalty, saying they were more to blame for trying to obstruct goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon.

He told Sky Sports: "It's normal. I think it is part of football that they play the corners and the free-kicks, and of course they score more than 40 per cent of their goals in the Champions League from free-kicks, and they look to block the goalkeeper.

"It was my role today to keep him away from Buffon."

Pressed on whether Juve were perhaps lucky not to concede a spot-kick, Lichtsteiner, who was booked for holding, added: "A penalty for what. It is more a foul from him than from me because if you attack the goalkeeper it is a foul."

Was Blooper trying to block Buffon at every corner,TLB tactics,and found the Juve player would not allow him to do that?,TLB game plan failed hence the outcry.

Always cheated never defeated,same old same old.

that was exactly it mate. the juve defender said celtic had scored 40% of their champs league goals from set pieces and blocking the keeper, they had to make sure they couldnt do that. brilliant homework and tactics from the i-talians.

ah you just posted that above! lol

I don't care how the tims get beat but from a general point of view arm flapping and jersey pulling is comparatively new - last ten/fifteen years.

And, yes, football is a contact sport but there was never a harder man than Harry Davis and you never saw him dancing about like a prima ballerina. A player can use his strength to get to the ball ahead of his opponent but standing in front of your man with your back to the flight of the ball is obstruction. It's a man's game, not a jessies' one.

Having said all that it couldn't have happened to a better man than Hooper.