Gazza - I've Never Been As Bad As This

From Sky News:

Paul Gascoigne says he is not ready to give up his fight against alcohol addiction after his emergency admission to a US rehab clinic.

The Sunday Mirror reported that the former football star told his friend Jimmy Gardner: "The drink nearly finished me off this time."I know Iâ??ve never been as bad as this before. But Iâ??m not ready to give up the fight.

"Iâ??m getting better now. Iâ??m not there yet, but Iâ??m getting there."

Friends of Gascoigne, 45, clubbed together to pay for his £6,000-a-week detox treatment, after a relapse in January.

He was transferred to a hospital following a seizure, where he spoke to Mr Gardner, 46, from his ward.

Mr Gardner told the Sunday Mirror: "Paul sounded frail and weak and scared.

"But I could hear something else in his voice too. I could hear grit and determination.

"No one knows Paul like I do and I can tell you, he's not for throwing in the towel.

"I love him to his bones. I can't think about him not being here. He'll beat the booze. He's done it before and he'll do it again."

He will now spend time in isolation in rehab, and has had his phone taken away as part of his therapy.

PAUL Gascoigne last night revealed what he was looking forward to most after a month tackling his booze addiction in rehab — his own bed.

The England legend told pals he has been fantasising about sleeping under his own duvet.

Excited Gazza, 45, has impressed medics with his upbeat personality and determination to keep himself sober.

A source at the US clinic he entered in January said: “Paul feels as if he’s been given another chance in life and doesn’t intend to waste it. He is in a great state of mind and is unrecognisable from the man who entered the clinic.

“He’s been laughing and joking with staff. He said the thing he missed most was his own bed.”

The Sun told yesterday how Gazza is leaving The Cottonwood Clinic in Phoenix, Arizona, and returning to the UK.

He has the blessing of his treatment team.

The footie ace is due to land at Heathrow this afternoon and has vowed to quit booze for ever after celebrity pals stumped up to fund his £7,500-a-week treatment.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4832846/Gazza-I-want-my-own-bed-when-I-get-home-after-rehab.html#ixzz2N1yJoIIp