Crowds too impatient

Crowds too impatient

Bill Struth,74, hits out, 'Crowds too impatient'

Mr Struth, 74, who receives a presentation today from The Rangers players to mark the occasion of his retirement as manager of the club yesterday hit out at the spectators.

"Maybe modern football does not appeal to the crowds", said Mr Struth "But I wonder if they take into account all that a club has to contend with"

"Why, the war isnt over yet. This conscription business has sabotaged the dreams and plans of every football manager time and again."

It is Mr Struths view that the customers are not necessarily always right. For instance they dont always make allowances for all the obstacles to team building.

They are impatient and many of the younger ones who make most noise dont always appreciate the science of the game.

Mr Struth says this to the people on the terraces; "Criticise as you will,boo jeer and jibe as so called Scotland Supporters have done to their own players in the Norwegian game. But remember Football is in the blood of the nation. It is Scotlands game and it will out."

Does Scotland or any Scottish club require star players to make them successful? Is the need urgent ?

Mr Struth laughs that one off, "Why" he said, "We had eleven cast off players at Ibrox at one time and they all helped us to reach the final of the Scottish Cup in 2 different years.

"It was all a matter of blending them to win, our style at Ibrox and a very good blend it was".

One more question to Bill Struth. Who was Rangers greatest ever? Here is the answer; "They were all great or at least I thought so".

"Immediately a boy signed a form for us and honoured it off the field as well as on the field, he was made. I wouldnt like to individualise for after all Rangers were always a team".

And therein lies the secret of Rangers who until this season had been brimming over with complete success - team spirit.

+ + +

Transcript and pic from RST's facebook site

734368_10152639691340191_633454419_n.jpg

Note that if you cite from this, you cite from Bill Struth, not me.