New Company â?? Same Club

Fair enough, and i'm not trying to be cold. ;) I just think if we want to maintain the stance that this is the same club we can't act emotional over the old company.

Shareholdings aside, the company itself was the only part of our history that we did lose and the effect of doing so is clear to see. We don't need to maintain a stance. Those are the facts.

The old company could have still been resurrected at that point, which was the important point. It was more than just in a ring binder. Nothing had happened to the company at that point other than it had sold its trade and and assets. What subsequently happened to the company wasn't relevant to the decision taken by the powers that be.

Hair splitting? I guess we were both at that :P

How do you figure it could have been resurrected? It had debts it couldn't pay and assets that were sold off in a fire-sale to CG's consortium. The old company still has those debts and will have the debts until it is liquidated. There was never any way back for the oldco once the CVA was rejected.

How do you figure it could have been resurrected? It had debts it couldn't pay and assets that were sold off in a fire-sale to CG's consortium. The old company still has those debts and will have the debts until it is liquidated. There was never any way back for the oldco once the CVA was rejected.

AFAIK we could have gone back to HMRC with a CVA offer at any time while the administrators were still in charge. They might even have accepted when the FTT decision went in our favour.

The reasons we didn't are obvious. We'd still be playing in Div3. There would still be a break in the accounts re: UEFA.

Guest alfiebass

"On a sidenote, should someone buy the oldco (after BDO inquisition, possible illegal deemings of the Ticketus deal et al, cleaning its debts to "minimal" stuff) pre final liquidation (if that is possible), could the club adopt a dual-company model (as they do) and use the oldco's accounts as pre-entry to Europe? (I know that the oldco owns not much now, but switching this or that asset is sure possible.)"

I doubt it as the old co no longer owns a football club.

Edited by alfiebass

"On a sidenote, should someone buy the oldco (after BDO inquisition, possible illegal deemings of the Ticketus deal et al, cleaning its debts to "minimal" stuff) pre final liquidation (if that is possible), could the club adopt a dual-company model (as they do) and use the oldco's accounts as pre-entry to Europe? (I know that the oldco owns not much now, but switching this or that asset is sure possible.)"

I doubt it as the old co no longer owns a football club.

hasn't oldco changed its name?