McCoist: I will never quit

ALLY McCOIST has revealed heâ??s more determined than ever before to be Rangers manager.

The Gers gaffer insists nothing at Ibrox will EVER make him quit.

McCoist famously stated he â??doesnâ??t do walking awayâ?? after going into administration.

There have been growing concerns he was ready to go.

But asked if the strains could see him quit, he vowed: â??Iâ??m miles away from that point. In fact, I WONâ??T reach that point.

â??If and when I leave this club it will not be for the reason I couldnâ??t take any more.

â??Iâ??m more determined than ever to do this job.

â??I say that because I donâ??t mind a scrap. I quite like a challenge. I like to meet things head-on and get on with it.

â??Listen, I know the position Iâ??m in at the moment as boss of the football club.

â??But the one thing youâ??re guaranteed with this job is stick.

Running â??Walter Smith got it. Willie Waddell got it. Bill Struth got it. Everybody got it. It goes with the territory, but it certainly hasnâ??t put me off in any way.

â??Iâ??ve said it before and Iâ??ll say it again, weâ??re doing alright. Those boys in there who won the title have done alright.

â??I had a wee look at the paper to confirm it, and itâ??s true, weâ??re 24 points clear.

â??Iâ??d imagine things might be a little bit different if there were three or four games to go and we were still running for the title.â?

McCoist has been unhappy with statements from outspoken owner Charles Green which branded his team the worst in Rangersâ?? history. And the Ibrox boss has lost backroom staff such as scout Neil Murray and physio Pip Yeates.

Yesterday there were reports chief executive Green had invited McCoist to SACK his coaches Ian Durrant and Kenny McDowall.

But the Gers boss insists: â??Iâ??ll make it quite clear, I have not entered any discussions about Kenny and Ian with Charles. I havenâ??t done it, so thatâ??s that one cleared up.

â??And on that subject, Kenny, Ian and myself, along with Walter won three titles and went to a European Final.

â??Craig Whyte came to town, there were obviously cutbacks, so we didnâ??t win a title.

â??Now this year weâ??ve managed to win a title.

â??But I reiterate, I have not entered into any discussions at all with Charles regarding Kenny and Ian.â?

McCoist insists he has a good working relationship with Green despite that.

He added: â??I know for a fact that Charles wants to take the club forward. Absolutely.

â??I donâ??t have any doubt weâ??ll have healthy disagreements on the way weâ??ll take the club forward.

â??There are different reasons for the departures of Pip, Neil and Fran Sandaza and Iâ??m aware of those reasons.

â??Iâ??ve accepted it and Iâ??ll move on. Iâ??d hope they will be replaced.â?

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz2Q0h2jDsl

Mr Struth and Mr Smith set standards for this club..and the standards have slipped

THE club has plummeted down the leagues.

Ally McCoist can accept that.

But he believes there is no excuse for the sheer drop in Rangers standards.

First Craig Whyte took the Ibrox outfit from penthouse to pavement. Now Charles Green has been talking straight from the gutter.

McCoist has been there to hear and see it all — and he doesn’t like it one little bit.

It’s not what the club’s legendary managers would have accepted in their day. And McCoist refuses to either.

Asked about Green’s quotes calling director Imran Ahmed his ‘P**i friend,’ he said: “Charles is more than capable of answering those questions. I’m the football manager.

“But the biggest disappointment for me over the last 18 months to two years is that I’ve not often had an opportunity to talk to you guys about football.

“In fact, there was a new record at the press conference last Friday when we didn’t talk about the game once. That’s the biggest disappointment for me.

“But I think of the standards of our football club. I look around our manager’s office and I see Mr Struth, the gaffer, I look at Graeme Souness, Jock Wallace and Willie Waddell, Davie White and Scot Symon. These man set the standards for our football club.

“Now those standards are as important, if not more important, than winning games of football.

“We’ve always had fantastic and wonderful standards and we’ve prided ourselves on that.

“That should hopefully never change. But in the last 18 months I don’t think there is any doubt those standards have dipped a little bit.

“We all must get them back up to the standards our supporters and club deserves.

“Everyone who is new to the club is learning about the club, and they’re learning about it very, very quickly. Whether it’s about the standards of what the club means to so many people. Everything.

“It’s a phrase which gets used an awful lot, and some people may be sick of it, but this is more than a football club. It’s far more than a football club.

“We had some kids in at Murray Park this morning who are really, really unwell. Some are in poor shape. But what a leveller that is. Those kids expect certain standards from our players and staff, to behave like Rangers people by being well-mannered while also having a smile, a laugh and a joke with them.

“Things like that, outwith 90 minutes on a football park, are massive things which maintain the high level of standards and behaviour of the people within the club.

“There will be times when your behaviour and standards drop, and it’s wrong, albeit we all make mistakes. But the most important thing is we must get our standards back up there to where Mr Waddell and Mr Struth and Mr Smith would be proud of.”

Crisis headlines make grim reading for the Rangers fans.

It seems an age since they were able to concentrate fully on what they love most. Their football. Green won them over with his swash-buckling arrival. But now?

It seems many are losing faith in the Yorkshireman with each passing day.

McCoist wasn’t happy with Green’s ‘worst-ever Rangers team’ jibe. It did NOT go down well behind closed doors at Ibrox.

Despite that the legendary Ranger refuses to accept the club is on the verge of internal meltdown.

McCoist added: “I’d have to say to you that crisis was February 14 last year. That was real crisis.

“Like any other business or football club, you have good times, bad times and problems. You have to handle them.

“We are having problems right now. I’m not going to kid you on, but a crisis was February 14 last year.

“What kind of problems? There’s a lot of problems. Stuff in the newspapers about staff, some of the staff leaving, we need players, we need to progress, we need to get a pre-season tour organised.

“I want to get players in for that pre-season and I have a transfer embargo where I can’t sign players unless they are under freedom of contract. I can’t register them until September 1.

“I can keep going for as long as you want, but these are all problems. They are not problems that are scaring me, but they are ones that need to be dealt with.

“My relationship with Charles is fine. It’s a working relationship. We are both very aware we need to take the club forward.

“I speak to Charles on a regular basis. I had an hour with him on Saturday and we spoke this morning. We are trying to organise another meeting for the next day or so.

“I have to tell you right now that I was not specifically annoyed solely at Charles for saying this is the worst-ever Rangers team.

“I was merely having a go at everyone who is saying this is the worst Rangers team.

“I was having a go for my team, because the bottom line is the team has received no thanks or congratulations from anyone at all, other than myself, and that’s fine. I don’t know have a problem with it, but I had to ensure they were congratulated at least by me.”

Green has promised McCoist a £10million kitty to improve his squad, and the Gers boss — speaking ahead of tonight’s Ibrox friendly with Linfield — plans to spend every penny.

Asked about that promise, he added: “I don’t see any reason to doubt. I think it might be in the prospectus, plus it’s been said in the public domain.

“I’m not saying for a minute that I think it’s not going to happen. I was reminding people that this has been said and I’m looking forward to using that money in the rebuilding process.

“We need a lot of players to come in. I’m not going to get the amount of players right now to get the squad back to where I want. That’s a fact.

“What I hope is that I get the players who can take us to the next step. It has to be done in steps.”

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/rangers/4880486/Mr-Struth-and-Mr-Smith-set-standards-for-this-cluband-the-standards-have-slipped.html

Guest Geo the Ger

Top man, Ally. Don't let anyone wear you down. Too many want you to fall flat on your face. Ally must stay ... definitely! Some say they'll never walk alone, but you said you don't do walking away. That will do for me. 55 and counting.

Guest nvager

Dont see the need for this rant by Ally.

We are in the lowest division and there must be a budget surely.

If the $7m wages figure that has been mentioned by fans is correct then it is far too much for where we are.

Bet QoS is doing great on a much smaller budget.

Not sure what the correct answer is, but Ally would be better seeing just where he is with getting new players in before spouting off and giving the mhedia more chances to get at us.

Ally may not have proved he's the manager to take us forward in football terms yet, but as long as all this crap is going on behind the scenes I for one want him to stay. He was written off as a player then proved everybody wrong and I really hope he does it again.