Ally rap on fans

ALLY McCOIST has accused some SPL clubs of listening to their supporters only when it suits them.

The Rangers boss is puzzled as to why fans were consulted last season when SPL clubs held the fate of Gers in their hands, yet they were totally ignored on 12-12-18.

He said: â??You know the clubs. There were six in the SPL asking their supporters what to do.

â??Thatâ??s absolutely fine, I donâ??t have a problem with that, but you canâ??t do it one minute and not do it the next. There is a danger, because you canâ??t agree with supporters all the time. There must be decisions where you might upset the majority but you believe it is for the best.

â??Thatâ??s what theyâ??ll say it is at the moment but at least ask them and listen to them.

â??The ironyâ??s not lost on me, how everyone at the start of last season was listening to their supporters, saying thatâ??s exactly what we are doing and there you are.

â??Now itâ??s all change at Crewe!

â??But itâ??s interesting. I have a quiet smile to myself because at the start of this season everyone was listening to their fans, saying: â??Our fans want this, so this is what weâ??ll doâ??. Great. All of a sudden I donâ??t see many fans being asked what they think because itâ??s all about the clubs now.â?

McCoist praised Ross Countyâ??s Roy MacGregor and St Mirrenâ??s Stewart Gilmour for blocking the 12-12-18 proposal on Monday.

He said: â??We all have different opinions but I think 14-14-14 would be worth a go.

â??Maybe split to sevens and I think it works out at about 38 games. Straight away itâ??s a bigger league.

â??I know opinion is split but I definitely think there are clubs in SFL1 who can come up and it would be fine, the likes of your Falkirks and Particks. They have shown they can handle one-off games with SPL clubs, so there is no reason why they couldnâ??t handle it.

â??My own opinion? Iâ??d go with the three 14s. More teams and bring in play-offs.

â??For me, play-offs are important. They generate excitement and that is what we need.â?

Charles Greenâ??s shock exit has plunged Gers back into chaos but McCoist has no idea how that will impact on his budget next season.

But he confessed: â??Iâ??ll be seeking clarification on that ASAP. Itâ??s a scenario where the budget at this moment in time will just be wages.

â??Iâ??ve been told itâ??s a significant rise and if it stays like that Iâ??ll be delighted.â?

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4895925/Ally-rap-on-fans.html#ixzz2QykdK51Q

They do what Liewell expects of them. That's why Ross County & St mirren should be commended for what they did. Celtic's power at both the SFA & SPL is killing Scottish football. They are over-represented in both & other clubs are too afraid to confront this issue.

Liewell doesn't give a damn about Scottish football so long as Celtic win the SPL every year & get access to the CL. Without Rangers in the SPL it becomes that bit easier for Celtic although the financial impact of this will kill the other SPL clubs in the long run as less revenue will affect the quality of player they can afford to have in their squads.