Get Your Act Together!

Guest JCS

In a recent article for Rangers Media entitled â??Washing our dirty linen in publicâ? I quoted Ally McCoist, pleading for stability at Rangers, and an end to the two years of uncertainty that the club and the supporters have stoically endured since Craig Whyteâ??s disastrous tenure brought the club to the very brink of extinction.

"What the club actually needs is to be totally cleansed,â? Ally said. But who, and what, is to be cleansed I wonder? Because it seems to me that we have now reached the point where it is almost impossible to tell friend from foe, and truth from lies. Ibrox is fast becoming a hotbed of internecine strife and factional infighting where damaging accusation and counter accusation is the order of the day â?? the Ibrox boardroom is a veritable war zone!

If the latest revelations on The Rangers Standard (TRS) are to be believed â?? and Iâ??ve no reason to doubt them â?? Ally McCoist is being offered as one of the main obstacles to progress at the club, and our most prominent non-executive director, and Rangers legend, Walter Smith, is also singled out for significant criticism â?? that is if you believe the mysterious RM poster â??IamRangersâ??, who many now believe to be Rangers Director, and Charles Green ally, Imran Ahmad.

Mr. Ahmad, aka â??IamRangersâ??, has, apparantly, been using Rangers Media to give us his â??takeâ?? on the Craig Whyte allegations and, more importantly perhaps, on the boardroom â??wranglesâ?? of recent weeks. Under the pseudonym of â??IamRangersâ??, Ahmad (if, indeed, it is Ahmad) has posted his thoughts on Walter Smith and Ally McCoist and his belief that they â??are trying to take control of the clubâ?, and he openly accuses Walter Smith and Chairman, Malcolm Murray of, â??running Rangers into the ground.â?

According to â??IamRangersâ?? Imran Ahmad and Charles Green are the knights in shining armour, whilst Ally McCoist, Walter Smith and Malcolm Murray are the Evil Empire. â??IamRangersâ?? claims that Charles Green and Imran Ahmad have the power to call an Emergency General Meeting (EGM) and if, â??push comes to shoveâ?, they will fire everyone, â?as Greenâ??s original pre IPO investors still have 51% and Green has proxies from all of themâ?

Threats and counter threats; just what we need at this time eh? If this is Imran Ahmad at work, then everything I said in my recent article is sadly, and regrettably, true, and the Daily Record has wasted no time by producing its sensationalist headline this morning that Admad has been ousted. We are indeed washing our dirty linen in public, and Iâ??m beginning to wonder just how many â??molesâ?? we now have at Ibrox. Is anyone capable of keeping their mouth shout?

In my last article I forcefully made the point that we are â??lurching from one crisis to another on a daily basis, while the media vultures circle awaiting yet another feast of scandalous gossip, juicy revelation, political intrigue and boardroom infighting, certain in the knowledge that the mandarins at Ibrox and the wicked wizard of Grant Castle will give them all the â??theatreâ?? they need.â?

Not content with fuelling the media frenzy over Whyteâ??s spurious allegations, it seems we are determined to â??stoke the fireâ?? until we have incinerated the last vestige of our credibility and reputation. As I said recently, â??we continue to feed our detractors a daily diet of infighting, rivalry, internal division and dispute whilst inflicting ever more damage on the club we love and lending credence to the wilder claims of a hostile and belligerent media.â?

We are tearing ourselves apart in public, and this factional infighting is providing our enemies with all the ammunition they require. They must be laughing all the way to the printing press!

But the inescapable fact is weâ??re destroying the club from the inside, when we all thought that the threat was from our enemies and detractors on the outside - and there was I thinking (naively) that we were all striving toward the same goal by working cooperatively and collaboratively to restore the club to its former glory! It seems, however, that our foes need do nothing but sit back, relax and enjoy the show, while we shoot ourselves in the foot yet again. As I said previously, we are giving them everything they want â?? the drama and theatre they crave - and it seems that we are not yet done with the public â??blood-lettingâ?? â?? our finger remains firmly on the self destruct button!

If, as many now suspect, Imran Ahmad is using the internet to disclose sensitive information about potential share movements; to attack fellow directors and undermine our Chairman, I just wonder if there is any limit to the depths that the â??molesâ?? on the Board aren't prepared to descend to in pursuit of their selfish interests and their own self aggrandisement. I simply donâ??t know who or what to believe any more!

But listening to the sound advice and guidance of Rangers fans is clearly not a high priority for our Board. Yes, of course they all think weâ??re wonderful! Just look at how the fans have turned out in their tens of thousands, we often hear them say; arenâ??t they just a great bunch! But, clearly, weâ??re not wonderful enough to listen to; not reliable enough to put any trust in â?? until its annual season ticket renewal time that is!

Charles Green is gone, and it looks as though Imrad Ahmad may follow shortly, but the in fighting continues, and the fans continue to suffer, whilst the press has a â??field dayâ?? with stories of back-stabbing in the Rangers boardroom, and unhelpful speculation about new owners.

When is this blood-letting going to stop? Shooting ourselves in the foot is rapidly becoming the forte of our executive and non-executive directors as they focus their attacks on each other and forget the task in hand â?? to revitalise Rangers Football Club. These latest boardroom 'wrangles' will further damage our club, and they have the potential to cause serious (if not irreversible) financial damage to the club. Itâ??s clear now that we are in a fight for control of Rangers Football Club â?? a nasty, no-holds-barred struggle for supremacy â?? that the ordinary supporter/investor simply cannot influence and must watch agonisingly from afar.

When we went into administration, I lost my original shares in Rangers Football Club like many thousands of other Rangers supporters around the world but, like those thousands of Rangers supporters, I bought my £500 worth of new shares, not because I believed it was a sound financial investment, but simply to support the club I love and help bring some financial stability in circumstances where our club could easily have â??went underâ??.

I didnâ??t invest in my club for the self aggrandisement of Green, Ahmad, Murray, McCoist, Smith or anyone else; I did it for the Rangers I love. I wonder if these guys feel the same? I wonder if theyâ??ll get their collective â??actâ?? together anytime soon?

Guest Bluenose80
Green' date=' Ahmad, Murray, McCoist, Smith[/color] or anyone else; I did it for the Rangers I love. I wonder if these guys feel the same? I wonder if they’ll get their collective ‘act’ together anytime soon?

Rangers are crying out for a leader to step forward and take charge and it cannot be any of the above it needs someone disconnected from the warring factions to stand in the middle and make the peace. Unfortunately I cannot see this leader emerging any time soon.

Edited by Bluenose80

I have been a critic of McCoist and his tenure as Manager, I also do not want a return to spending above our means. But looking at everything realistically the first thing that must happen is to get all the crooks and con-men out of Rangers. Now whatever we think of Smith and McCoist surely no one would put them in that category.

If Murray, Smith, McCoist and whoever supports them rest control, then we can say what kind of Rangers we want moving forward.

I do not want a return to the Rangers of old, but it is my belief we really do need to cleanse Rangers.

Rangers are crying out for a leader to step forward and take charge and it cannot be any of the above it needs someone disconnected from the warring factions to stand in the middle and make the peace. Unfortunately I cannot see this leader emerging any time soon.

I disagree, with these types of battles someone needs to win, then that person takes us forward. Conciliation might stop the blood-letting for now but it won't fix the underlying issues which are at the heart of this.

We have as many factions in the support as there are in the Boardroom, all for different and I would say selfish reasons.

They all have their own arguements for and against, I'm sure some are just because that lot support him, then we will support t'other.

I just wish they would realise they are doing as much harm to Rangers as the ones in the Boardroom.

I just cannot tolerate this factionalism! I appreciate that, for some, this is just business, but for the supporters it is much, much more. I want to see Rangers 'cleansed' of the criminals, liars and tax evaders that we seem to attract so readily, but I also want to see the club run on a sound, sensible financial basis with talented and expert people at the helm. If those people are Rangers men so much better, if not, it's not an issue as long as they do their respective jobs; cooperate, collaborate and stop stabbing one another in the back!