Paul Murray, the Blue Knight calling for core values

By Tom English

“Bomber” re-iterated his views on the Green takeover on radio during the week, saying that he knew Green was a “conman” and that he went to key personnel inside Ibrox and told them what he knew, but they did nothing about it. He spoke to Walter Smith and Ally McCoist. Nobody did anything.

“I know John quite well,” says Murray. “He’s a great guy who cares for the club. When I saw him giving that speech outside Ibrox last summer I was a bit bemused. I had the same concerns about Charles Green. The circumstances surrounding Charles Green suddenly appearing on the scene were very, very strange. So I had concerns about who was involved with him, but I had no proof. I had a high level of suspicion about Duff and Phelps but I didn’t have documentary proof that Craig Whyte was involved.

“So John stood up and was quite specific about things but after the speech there was nothing produced in evidence. John didn’t step forward and say I have four documents that prove that Whyte is still involved in this thing. Had he done that it would have been a completely different story, but he didn’t, for whatever reason. That was probably why Walter and Ally didn’t do anything. What action could they have taken? You can’t make allegations without documentation. I’ve spoken to John subsequent to that. It might turn out that he was absolutely right. The frustration is that if he had something at the time then he probably ought to have stepped forward with it.

Bomber did have a lot to say that night with no 'evidence' Anybody on here got an opinion on why he did this?

He was made out to be a ranting drunk iirc

Bomber did have a lot to say that night with no 'evidence' Anybody on here got an opinion on why he did this?

He was made out to be a ranting drunk iirc

well first things first he hasn't had a drink in years. though it suited green to have him made out as a drunk of course.

bomber clearly believed what he was saying and its now clear why.

though it seems he couldn't prove it.

well first things first he hasn't had a drink in years. though it suited green to have him made out as a drunk of course.

bomber clearly believed what he was saying and its now clear why.

though it seems he couldn't prove it.

Could Bomber maybe clear things up a little and say more now do you think?

whyte. he actually said he was planning to hand the shares to the rst. rather after the fact mindyou.

gets hi out to the hastle of running the club and keeps the money rolling in.

First I've heard of that.