So why did HMRC allow Whyte to avoid paying over PAYE/NI for so long?

Almost every CA I've spoken to has said what he did is unheard of. To be simply be late for one month normally gets HMRC sending out nasty letters to companies warning of the consequences. Be late again & they're likely to pay a visit and go thro' the company's accounts.

Yet Whyte went 4 or 5 months(maybe 6 months?) and paid over not a penny. We now know he used this money to run Rangers becausae he'd none of his own. Why did HMRC take no action? Was there a sinister reason? Was it because they knew they'd lose the BTC and needed Rangers to run up a debt ? Were they influenced by a former labour cabinet minister(now in the Lords) who pulled the strings & used his contacts in HMRC to create as much damage as possible to Rangers ?

Of course there's the Regan's SFA too. At what point did they know about Whyte's non-payments ? And what action did they take? As the governing body of Scottish football didn't they have a responsibility to do something ? I've never bought Regan's alleged clain he knew nothing about Whyte til Daly's documentary.

As many who've read my posts on here will probably know I'm convinced everything that happened before/after Whyte was a massive set up involving various well-known,well-connected individuals all with a hatred of Rangers.

Edited by RANGERRAB

so it all depends when he stopped paying. say he paid a quarter in august. then sept oct nov so we are due snov thats missed next payment is feb. thats when they put us in admin.

maybe as soon as the second payment wasn't paid.

The point is even if payments were made quarterly he was at least 2 ( probably 3) payments behind. Yet HMRC did nothing ? They knew all about Whyte's background & history yet did nothing at all.