What Now For The Young Kids

A reasonably good article and I agree with a lot of it, but he seems to be implying that part of Ally's job is to play a part in the development of our kids from younger age groups, when that's not the case. It's the youth department's job to develop the kids through to a level where they can prove themselves worthy of a move to training and working with the first team and from that point it's then Ally's job to decide which players he wants to work with and when to give them a chance.

I do agree with the general message though, that we seem to be signing and playing more experienced players than might be necessary, but it's all about balance at the end of the day and we'll just have to wait and see how the balance looks this season.

He's spot on with the point about Tom Walsh. Giving a highly rated young player like him a debut for 2 mins at the end of a match is just ridiculous.

He's also spot on with the point about Gallacher too. I was screaming for Alexander to get dropped in favour of giving Gallacher some game time, but sadly it just didn't happen.

Noticed this on FF.

Good game today against sheffield utd. Finished 3 all tom walsh scored a peach of a free kick. Hardie got one not sure who scored the other. Very good game. Kieran Clarke got the other goal.

Where is the Youth reporter ??:)

Edited by chilledbear