Rangers Standard - Easdale Share Mystery

Ever since they appeared in the press around April, as players in the ongoing struggle for the boardroom at Rangers, the Easdale brothers have been reported to have had various different share holdings and intentions for the club. If we look back through these reports now, then several of them appear to make no sense whatsoever. So whilst the intentions of the Easdales remain unclear, one thing appears certain, the misdirection of Jack Irvine, and the willingness of the BBC in particular to print whatever they are told about them, appears to have played a major role in getting the brothers to where they are now.

http://www.therangersstandard.co.uk/index.php/articles/current-affairs/284-easdale-shares-mystery

Nice one! Thank god someone has finally written about this because these Easdale share anomalies have been mind-bending!

You really have to wonder why nobody in the mainstream Scottish press have written anything on the subject of their shareholding and the plethora of questions surrounding it. They write plenty about our Club and the ongoing saga, so it's shameful that none of Scotland's so-called journalists have covered this issue.

Anyway, moving onto the actual issue, I think there's several elephants in the room here which are only briefly mentioned. This is a shareholder list posted by a fellow fan on Friday the 13th of this month after it was announced that Sandy Easdale had been appointed to our board:

TPmp2X9.gif

Note that the major fund/investment company players of 6% or above are Hargreave, Artemis, Laxey & Blue Pitch and that we already know Artemis are one of the signatories to McColl & co's requisition.

We also already know that Blue Pitch are aligned with Green's camp, since it was them who requisitioned the board changes which saw Malcolm Murray & Phil Cartmell removed and James Easdale appointed as a director.

That leaves two elephants in the room - Hargreave & Laxey and it also raises worthwhile questions as to who exactly owns the shares behind the veil of those funds. Considering what we know about the Easdales and their plan to take control of our club, is it possible that Laxey who have recently bought shares to increase their significant stake are actually acting on their behalf of the Easdales?

Then there's Hargreave and who they might be acting on behalf of.....

I can't remember now but it was confirmed at the time that one of the funds named is a part of HH.

Would be good to find out mate. The fund/investment company names on the requisition letter are:

Marlborough Fund Managers

Miton Capital Partners Limited

Chase Nominees Limited a/c Artemis

Pyrrho Investments Limted

River and Mercantile Asset Management LLP

I'll see if I can find it. Got a feeling it might have been Marlborough even though they are on shareholder list seperately. Alternatively I'm talking bollocks!

It wouldn't surprise me at all if certain people and/or companies on the shareholder list were linked Chris, since that was really my point. The Easdales could be behind one of the investment funds, just like Jim McColl (or King?) could be behind one (or more!?) of them.

Edited by Zappa
typo!