I know we still have a lot to play for this season, however I can't help thinking about how competitive next seasons league is going to be now that we have achieved our target of winning the title.

I for one am already looking forward to more competitive and open games,for sure it will be more interesting than the top league!.

How do you think we will do next season with this current squad?, I think we will need to strengthen for sure, defensively would be my priority, and also get rid of the players that are not going to make it. I would also like to see a couple of young players pushing through from the youth team, we have Lewis Macleod & Aird pretty much regulars when fit and available, but the likes of Gasparotto & Halkett who are being spoken about a lot, maybe these two should get some first team games this season and see how they perform leading to next season?.

Of course there are still issues off the park which will dictate how things go with regards to signings hopefully Ally will start to target some players?.

It could be very exciting next season,looking forward to it.

I kind of wanted to add this to my thread yesterday 'rest of the season' but thought the night after winning the title may be a bit soon.

I think next season will be far more competitive and teams will be tougher. I actually think some teams last season tried to play better football than Championship sides do but don't have the physical side of pace to the game due to being part time.

We need to strengthen a bit but only if its key long term players, there is no point strengthening for one season then having to do it again next year should be we going up to the top flight. The first place Id strengthen is in the management / coaching side. I hope Ally brings in a fresh face with new ideas and good tactical knowledge.

Should be an interesting league on paper with Hearts and maybe another SPL side plus 2 from Falkirk, Dundee or Hamilton.

ALLY McCOIST has challenged his fringe players to force their way into his plans for Rangers’ biggest remaining games this season.

With the League One title in the bag, the likelihood is manager McCoist will shuffle his team for this weekend’s game with Dunfermline.

The crucial Scottish Cup replay with Albion Rovers will be played at Hamilton’s New Douglas Park just 55 hours later and he’s keen to keep his key players fresh for that.

Nicky Clark, Kyle Hutton, Chris Hegarty and Ross Perry are all making their way back from long-term injuries.

Prominent under-20 players including Charlie Telfer, Calum Gallagher, Luca Gasparotto and Craig Halkett are also pushing for inclusion.

McCoist will give careful consideration to who plays and when, with wholesale changes unlikely due to the fact he wants the team to keep winning.

There’s also a run of 35 matches unbeaten dating back to the League Cup loss at Forfar last August to protect, including all 28 fixtures in League One so far.

McCoist knows that with so many matches in the title race which are effectively meaningless to Gers, there’s a danger his team will be too flat in many of them.

But he’s optimistic competition for places in that Scottish Cup tie, a possible semi-final with Dundee United and the Ramsdens Cup final against Raith will drive everyone on.

McCoist said: “The bottom line at our football club never changes and we’ve got to win games.

“In an ideal world, we’ll give the younger players that deserve a chance an opportunity but we’ve got to win games at the same time.

“There’s no use in putting players in if they don’t deserve it and we’re not going to win. We’ve got to win matches and continue to do so.

“People are turning up and paying good money to be entertained and watch the team winning. That hasn’t changed and it’ll be the case between now and the end of the season.

“We do have a couple of bigger games now that the league title is won and Monday night is a massive game against Albion Rovers in the replay.

“We’ve got a Ramsdens Cup final against a good Raith Rovers side too I saw at the weekend so there’s a lot to look forward to.

“I’m hopeful competition for places and an opportunity for lads to stake a claim to play in these important games will keep everybody going.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/6523-competition-will-drive-us-on