McCulloch should not have got a 2-year contract, he and Black are overpaid, Simonsen was an expensive indulgence as was Cribari but we needed an experienced CB at the time, Foster is a decent player at this level and probably the next, Daly was a mistake, Faure is our best CB but played out of position most of the time which is not his fault, Hutton has been unfortunate with injury but what is wrong with Bell and Templeton (our only genuinely creative player) except perhaps again their salaries which are down to Green. Wallace cannot do anything about any of those except Simonsen, Cribari and Hutton whose contracts are up.

Without wishing to re-open the SDM debate and acknowledging that he lost it laterly; he gave us a team which included a world class players in Laudrup and top European players like Gascoigne and Mikhailechenko, leading to nine-in-a row; what more do you want? Calling him a "charlatan" is a long way wide of the mark; I'm sure that even his biggest detractors would not say that.

Much as we usually agree Alan I don't think Murray can be criticised enough for how he managed us in his latter years.

Much as we usually agree Alan I don't think Murray can be criticised enough for how he managed us in his latter years.

:D

I did say he lost it latterly. IMHO and I know many do not share it, what he was guilty of was being over ambitious and allowed himself to be taken in by Advocat but never forget that in 1993 we were one goal away from the European Cup Final and as I say we did the 9-in-a-row. So a tenure of two halves, perhaps you'd agree?

Anyway, as I said I don't want to re-open that debate; it was more disagreement with the general line of Traditionalist's comments.

He just conducted a business review. Surely huge undeserved bonuses is something he must have reviewed.

A bit like the players, if someone offers you an easy bonus are you going to turn it down?

It seems fairly obvious to me that what happened was that he said or "they" said, look we'd like to make it around the half million or so that Mather was on but from a public perception point of view it has to be less, but we'll write in any easy bonus and no one will know. This was disingenuous at best and now it's been revealed.

Yes, he could have said I think you should make it a bit harder for me, and perhaps he should have done that.

:D

I did say he lost it latterly. IMHO and I know many do not share it, what he was guilty of was being over ambitious and allowed himself to be taken in by Advocat but never forget that in 1993 we were one goal away from the European Cup Final and as I say we did the 9-in-a-row. So a tenure of two halves, perhaps you'd agree?

Anyway, as I said I don't want to re-open that debate; it was more disagreement with the general line of Traditionalist's comments.

Over ambition? More like gross financial mismanagement and post 02/03 supporting us on the whole has been grim.

A bit like the players, if someone offers you an easy bonus are you going to turn it down?

It seems fairly obvious to me that what happened was that he said or "they" said, look we'd like to make it around the half million or so that Mather was on but from a public perception point of view it has to be less, but we'll write in any easy bonus and no one will know. This was disingenuous at best and now it's been revealed.

Yes, he could have said I think you should make it a bit harder for me, and perhaps he should have done that.

The players aren't responsible for the running of the club.