So your assessment is that Bell has a long term injury and either Kelly is not considered good enough to sit on the bench or won't be given a place on the bench because he won't sign a new contract; or that Simonsen is not considered good enough to be first choice (in which case why sign him and let Gallacher go?)

Baffling, utterly baffling.

No, I don't have an assessment, since as you say, the whole thing is utterly baffling.

If I were to have a guess, I'd say it certainly wouldn't surprise me if Cammy Bell were to leave this week because his wage will be considerably higher than Simmo or Robinson, possibly even more than them both combined. It would obviously raise questions about whether we were told the truth about his injury though!

The other option though, is that Robinson was willing to sign for a very small basic salary + appearance cash if he plays and it was deemed an affordable cost.

As for Kelly, I have no idea, although if he's still here it's possible that he's been injured as young Robby McCrorie has been starting for the U20 team recently.