If rangersfirst can get thge 5% they want as the first aim , then they get certain powers with that % , and so it goes on and on , the money/ shares they/we hold the better .Plus and this is just as important , if there were 20,000 or 30,000 fans paying into one of the schemes this board or any board would be fool hardy to ignore that.

We can achieve this for the price of 1 pint of lager a week , I refuse to believe that anyone cant afford a £10 a month , especially those that say they are skint but go down the pub everyweek or spend money with the bookies , its a simple choice , I hope this doesnt come across as me preaching as I like a pint and a punt but I've made my choice

That is a large part of why our schemes have been failures. We are so fragmented that we couldn't even have unity on whether it is day or night. And whilst we are so fragmented fans have no idea which group to turn to so turn to apathy instead.

It is a problem.

RF wants people to get behind it but it's a splinter group that has added to the confusion. Maybe it will splinter at some point.

Fan ownership is a worthy enough goal for those who believe in it to be representing one and only one body, but instead we have this inexcusable mess.

Most now recognise that we have a board not up to the task, but when the agents of change are sending out mixed messages, they themselves become a part of the dysfunctionality of the Rangers family - and so people steer clear.

I want fan ownership. I think it's vital to the future wellbeing of the club, but those advocating it have monumentally - and this is the polite way of putting it - messed up.

If rangersfirst can get thge 5% they want as the first aim , then they get certain powers with that % , and so it goes on and on , the money/ shares they/we hold the better .Plus and this is just as important , if there were 20,000 or 30,000 fans paying into one of the schemes this board or any board would be fool hardy to ignore that.

We can achieve this for the price of 1 pint of lager a week , I refuse to believe that anyone cant afford a £10 a month , especially those that say they are skint but go down the pub everyweek or spend money with the bookies , its a simple choice , I hope this doesnt come across as me preaching as I like a pint and a punt but I've made my choice

As you mentioned, RF had 1,000 members after six weeks; now after 6 months they have 1,172 paying monthly. At this rate of progress it will take 55 years to get 20,000 fans signed up.

It is a problem.

RF wants people to get behind it but it's a splinter group that has added to the confusion. Maybe it will splinter at some point.

Fan ownership is a worthy enough goal for those who believe in it to be representing one and only one body, but instead we have this inexcusable mess.

Most now recognise that we have a board not up to the task, but when the agents of change are sending out mixed messages, they themselves become a part of the dysfunctionality of the Rangers family - and so people steer clear.

I want fan ownership. I think it's vital to the future wellbeing of the club, but those advocating it have monumentally - and this is the polite way of putting it - messed up.

Currently RST have more shares but don't want to say how many they have paying monthly; the last figure I heard was around 200.

I reckon in about a year both groups will have about the same number of shares.

As you mentioned, RF had 1,000 members after six weeks; now after 6 months they have 1,172 paying monthly. At this rate of progress it will take 55 years to get 20,000 fans signed up.

With the video released yesterday there has been a significant upturn in the membership based on the ticker next to the video (http://www.rangersfirst.org/rangers-share-issue/) with dozens joining in the last day or so.

Hopefully this is the opportunity for it to go 'viral' and let the average Rangers fan know about it. I have seen a good deal of encouraging feedback over the last couple of day and I'm opimistic about RF.

We'll see I guess.

Guest Blue Chopsticks

Thanks RBR ,

This is one of those things I've heard about but never really gave much time as it got lost in the shuffle of all the other groups.

It looks pretty good, I'll give a more serious browse over the weekend.

Greg , the ticker and also the progress bar are excellent and allows anyone to see where we are in our current quest .

I defy any fan who loves his club , enjoys a few beers and the odd bet , not to be able to find £10 a month to put towars getting their club back or at least getting heard by the board of that club .

Plus the rangersfirst retail section is superb and its amazing the number of companies they now have signed up to it .

With the video released yesterday there has been a significant upturn in the membership based on the ticker next to the video (http://www.rangersfirst.org/rangers-share-issue/) with dozens joining in the last day or so.

Hopefully this is the opportunity for it to go 'viral' and let the average Rangers fan know about it. I have seen a good deal of encouraging feedback over the last couple of day and I'm opimistic about RF.

We'll see I guess.

I suppose that's true Greg, if you call 12 more investors or 1% "significant"?

However, I feel sure you'd agree that 1,184 investors (I know that strictly speaking they are not "members") is desperately disappointing after 6 months when the number 20,000 was bandied about at the outset (and repeated on the video) and most people thought that at least 5,000 was not unrealistic.

I don't want to keep you away from your favourite forum for too long but as someone who was appointed to the Steering Group can I ask you why you think the uptake since the end of March has been so poor and what the SG have been doing about it?

I was extremely enthusiastic at the outset but must admit I am having my doubts about whether it will ever make a real impact.

Brahim , until there is a proper full scale media launch and the widfer fan base gets to know about this then its always going to be a small uptake , the % of fans who go on forums or twitter or even FB is minuts in the overall scheme of things , it has to go mainstream , even having a stall at Ibrox on match days would help greatly.

If you compare this to the Hearts situation , they were on both news channels nightly for weeks getting free advertising , we are on twitter , Fb and a few forums , as its banned on FF

Brahim , until there is a proper full scale media launch and the widfer fan base gets to know about this then its always going to be a small uptake , the % of fans who go on forums or twitter or even FB is minuts in the overall scheme of things , it has to go mainstream , even having a stall at Ibrox on match days would help greatly.

If you compare this to the Hearts situation , they were on both news channels nightly for weeks getting free advertising , we are on twitter , Fb and a few forums , as its banned on FF

Which begs the question, why hasn't there been a full scale public launch, if memory serves me this was supposed to be within the first three months.

Albertz is on board apparently, surely he could lead the charge.