50 Shades of Blue

Reply to your article from Matt Crozier on the main site:

Andy, I fully understand your utter bewilderment of the encumbent board. How they selfishly treat the fans is beyond me. Rangers Club, indeed any club is more than the sum of it's parts, something that this board do not grasp.

Words fail me as to what has and is happening at our beloved club, and like you I am pinning ALL my hopes on King and The Three Bears. If they do not god help us!!

I've long ago given up trying to understand the Media House strategy for the Easedales. They become more unpopular and appear more incompetent with every passing day, that surely can't be the aim. I can only assume someone is paying or has paid the Easedales to front this, nothing else makes sense. No matter how thick skinned or intractable they might be there is no way their Rangers gig is worth the hassle for them now. Yet they continue, determined to cling on for no obvious benefit. So I can only assume the benefit isn't obvious.

Ashley's PR is fine though, with every passing day his reputation as shrewd, cold and ruthless is enhanced, the city institutions can relax safe in the knowledge he carries no sentiment and can't be swayed by public opinion, only money matters.

Apart from that I don't believe you've not read that book, I've seen those pictures of you on Facebook in tight lycra, no way a man of your age actually gets on a bike!

Was on the bike only yesterday, training for a summer of island bagging round Scotland's coast! There's still patches of ice all over this neck of the woods after the snow of about 10 days ago, though, it's lethal. Anyway, you have to have the padded lycra gear or else the jacksie just gives up the ghost.

I worry about the benefit which isn't obvious: you can't help thinking that, whatever it is, it's not likely to be in the best interests of the club. As usual, we can only wait and worry.

I think you are right to worry.

I was in a restaurant on Saturday night named after Fausto Coppi, it had a cracking big picture of him on one of the walls. If your island bagging extends to that large one to Scotland's south west I'd recommend a visit.

As a footnote to this mucky little tale:

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/feb/11/bq-say-fifty-shades-of-grey-run-on-duct-tape-alert-was-just-pr-ruse

B&Q admitted on Thursday that a memo warning staff of a likely rush by customers clamouring for rope, cable ties and duct tape in the wake of the release of Fifty Shades of Grey was a ruse set up by its PR office.

In a memo to staff reported by multiple media outlets earlier this week, the hardware store said managers would need to “anticipate the need for extra stock” and encouraged staff to “familiarise themselves with the contents” of film ahead of its release this weekend.

It said:

When the book was released in 2012 DIY and hardware stores in the UK and US reported increased demand of certain products and queries from customers as they tried to recreate their own Fifty Shades experiences. We need to be prepared for the same effect when the film is released this month.

The memo – which appeared to be from head office – generated headlines across the when it was picked up by MailOnline, the Mirror, the UK’s Press Association news agency, the Guardian and others.

However, it now appears that the email was a ruse by the firm’s PR team.

A B&Q spokeswoman told the Guardian:

"We can confirm that the leaked memo was indeed a bit of fun. Both B&Q, the public and the media have been entertained over the past few days and we are looking forward to a big weekend. We would have confessed to this sooner, but our hands were tied."

A B&Q spokeswoman told the Guardian:

"We can confirm that the leaked memo was indeed a bit of fun. Both B&Q, the public and the media have been entertained over the past few days and we are looking forward to a big weekend. We would have confessed to this sooner, but our hands were tied."

Boom boom! :coolio: