Craig Halkett comments on Durrant

Try telling the famous Barca and Spanish youth teams that winning is irrelevant. By the way, I don't think anyone has stressed the importance of playing football correctly more than me since I joined here. The way we have played for most of the last 10 years has been appalling.

The facts are our u20's are at the wrong end of the table and we have only played 2 youngsters on a regular basis in the last few years. Considering we have been playing part-time opposition for the most part, that's embarrassing.

PS - regarding Durrant. If he was the next Guardiola,you would think an element might have rubbed off on the two jokers that stood next to him.

How much knowledge do you have of the Barca youth teams ? I can tell you that winning IS irrelevant to them. There is a Club in Bermuda whose head coach has just taken his boys away to play against the Barca youth academy and winning is certainly irrelevant to Barca youth teams. It is ALL about the creation of a footballing philosophy, so much so that the youth academy actually dictates how the first team will play, rather than the other way around. Can't speak for the Spanish youth teams though.

I'm not disagreeing with you that you have stressed the importance on HOW to play - you have been very, very consistent with that, and rightly so.