Firstly Prso is the type of signing we're unlikely to make again because he has no resale value. Untried kids need to be good enough first of all. Too many of us forget that.

We should be trying to bring in younger players(under25) whom we could sell on again in a few years.That will likely require transfer fees to be paid. The yahoos have been doing this in the past few years. We need to do likewise.

We are at a very dangerous crossroads where we need to decide which direction we go. Get it wrong & we'll be out in the widerness for years to come. Many have great expectations of this new board. I hope they're not let down.

Prso is the type of signing we're unlikely to make again because we was starring in the Champions League and on very high wages, above all else. I only used him as an example to say bosmans should not be discounted. They'll account for a large amount of our signings and that's the way it has to be. You say untried kids need to be good enough yet often the ones that come in like Murdoch, Gallagher and Walsh appears more than good enough, certainly better than some of their veteran team mates who consistently are nowhere near good enough. Young players also need game time in order to develop.

I agree about signing players under 25, again though there's plenty of free transfers to be had. Fact is we will have hardly any money available for transfers.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Just sitting back and hoping the Bears will return to the fold , is financial suicide imo, This board need an aggressive recruitment drive and soon.

Look how successful Rangers First were at getting the numbers up, in such a short space of time. It's not rocket science here, better get the Bears at RF on speed dial.

Prso is the type of signing we're unlikely to make again because we was starring in the Champions League and on very high wages, above all else. I only used him as an example to say bosmans should not be discounted. They'll account for a large amount of our signings and that's the way it has to be. You say untried kids need to be good enough yet often the ones that come in like Murdoch, Gallagher and Walsh appears more than good enough, certainly better than some of their veteran team mates who consistently are nowhere near good enough. Young players also need game time in order to develop.

I agree about signing players under 25, again though there's plenty of free transfers to be had. Fact is we will have hardly any money available for transfers.

I think it needs to be remembered that players get given free transfers for a reason i.e. they're deemed surplus to requirements at their club. Signing this type of player is always a risk. Perhaps too big a risk at times.

I'd like to think we will have some money available to buy players this summer. Isn't that one of the reasons we all wanted King & Co into the boardroom?

Edited by RANGERRAB

Just sitting back and hoping the Bears will return to the fold , is financial suicide imo, This board need an aggressive recruitment drive and soon.

Look how successful Rangers First were at getting the numbers up, in such a short space of time. It's not rocket science here, better get the Bears at RF on speed dial.

Do you think what you're suggesting would persuade people to return & watch what is ultimately at present a dire product on the park?

the question is were there 35k in the ground or 35k tickets sold.

The two figures will probably be quite close anyway, so it doesn't matter much. Last Tuesday afternoon there were about 36k tickets sold for the QotS game that night and 35k turned up for the match.

Do you think what you're suggesting would persuade people to return & watch what is ultimately at present a dire product on the park?

It was and still is dire atm, however i believe Stuart McCall will turn it around in the coming weeks, ,we're' never going to be league winners with these players, but the club needs to get the lost Bears believing and returning to watch the revival again. I honestly believe it can be done, without sounding too cynical, emotional blackmail and appeals to the heart strings generally does work,.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

The two figures will probably be quite close anyway, so it doesn't matter much. Last Tuesday afternoon there were about 36k tickets sold for the QotS game that night and 35k turned up for the match.

i think midweek at very least theyre will be a 5k difference.

regardless if there is only a small difference then 10k or so season book holders have gone back.

I think it needs to be remembered that players get given free transfers for a reason i.e. they're deemed surplus to requirements at their club. Signing this type of player is always a risk. Perhaps too big a risk at times.

I'd like to think we will have some money available to buy players this summer. Isn't that one of the reasons we all wanted King & Co into the boardroom?

Like Lewandowski, Pirlo, Alonso etc?

The main reason people wanted King and Co in was because the current lot were killing us.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Big clubs have different categories of fan. Not everyone is a dyed in the wool Sash-singing Bluenose. If Rangers are successful and believed to be on the right path, people will be tempted to come along.

Public image is more important than ever before. Our away fans droning on about Bobby Sands does not endear the club to anyone. It's one thing having the freedom to sing certain songs and chants, but when it is used in a way that is perceived to be distasteful, it repels people. What parent wants to introduce his child to this? In the past, dubious songs were no big deal - but they are now.

The day out is expensive and dull. The singing sections provide a cabaret more than an atmosphere. They are well-intentioned, but atmosphere can't be created artificially. It needs to be organic.

Cost is a factor too. People are generally quite bored with what they are witnessing. Handing over good money to watch poor fare which has been tolerated by the club for far too long leads to disillusionment, and eventually, disinterest. Can Scotland's biggest club afford to play a brand of football that is about as appealing as Morris dancing?

For some fans, the spirit has been broken. From being fanatics who followed the team everywhere, they have become golfers, fishers, ramblers, shoppers and day trippers. From living Rangers every day they have become detached and distant. This group will not easily return. Not even success will win them back.

We do have gloryhunters in the support, though, and God bless them. If we didn't, I'd be even more depressed about the future than I already am.

This new board has a hard task on its hands. It needs to understand that a full Ibrox is no longer going to be an automatic occurrence. It is going to have to make Rangers an attractive and appealing club - far more attractive and appealing than it has been for some considerable time.

Like Lewandowski, Pirlo, Alonso etc?

The main reason people wanted King and Co in was because the current lot were killing us.

LOL we're not exactly going to get that calibre of player are we?

And whilst it was necessary to remove the previous board the new board still have to prove themselves