Paul Murray Exclusive Interview

You need a new radar.

WV3-Dave-King.jpg

Probably, my radar has been battered bruised the last few years too often.

Anyway I'd heard something about Traynor before but not to the extent that he'd become a club employee again. I'm not certain of him but he's a better choice than Toxic Jack anyway.

Probably, my radar has been battered bruised the last few years too often.

Anyway I'd heard something about Traynor before but not to the extent that he'd become a club employee again. I'm not certain of him but he's a better choice than Toxic Jack anyway.

I doubt he's an employee more likely just a contractor.

£15-20m needed! is that a joke? If he thinks he can get us back on a level good enough for that sort of investment he is a mile off. Covering the deficit will cost near on £11m over the next two years alone never mid the additional investment needed. Hope he is down playing so the real figure seems to surpass expectations. Have to laugh at trainer saying no figure was ever mentioned, guess we all made it up then and king never said £30m over 5 years and half what everyone else puts up

told you we were not looking for any management candidates and will not do unless Mccall completely fails. Not getting promotion will not be counted as a failure, he will be measured completely on the opinions of the players and coaching staff.

don't understand the "we are looking at different structures and ways forward" to then say "we are happy with the plan for next year" as far as i have heard the plan as such is to continue as is with several of the players offered new contracts. no scouting will be in place in advance of next season and the structure at Murray park has been deemed sufficient and only new ideas rather than personnel will be introduced.

Its back to the old relying on european money to take us forward with the club running even on its income.

Come back Charles, Sandy, Somers et al. All is forgiven!

Good grief!!!

don't want them back in anyway shape or form. still doesn't mean no matter what the current board do it is for the best or the best possible.

good grief!!!

two wrongs now make a right do they!

Rangers chairman Paul Murray: Dave King will flash the cash once the SFA approve him to take charge at Ibrox.

THE interim Rangers chairman insists that King will prove he's not all talk when the SFA make their decision on whether he is fit and proper for Scottish football.

PAUL MURRAY says Dave King will show the colour of his money – as soon as the SFA rule if he’s fit and proper for Scottish football.

Eyebrows were raised this week when Rangers turned to the Three Bears for £1.5million loan funding rather than rely on the South African-based tycoon.

However, Murray insists the man who led 
the revolt against the previous board is only showing respect to the SFA by not yet putting his hand in his pocket.

King has already vowed to invest in Rangers even if Hampden 
powerbrokers decide against his official involvement at Ibrox, with his status set to be discussed by the SFA board early next month.

Interim chairman Murray said: “To respect the processes, Dave will not be investing until we have him cleared by the SFA.

“One of the problems Sports Direct and Mike Ashley had was they actually went ahead and made an investment when they didn’t have pre-clearance from the SFA and we don’t want to get into that position again.

“We want to be respectful of the processes and work with the SFA to hopefully clear the board members we have here and that will enable us to move forward.” Murray has been placed in charge of the club’s rebuilding job while King proves he is fit and proper and says the board have already started to implement plans for next season.

He told Rangers TV: “The short term has been about stabilising the club’s finances. What is more important is the medium to 
long term and we have already started that process.

“This is a football club and the most important thing is what happens on the pitch.

“The first team drives everything in the club.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-chairman-paul-murray-dave-5416432

There was some worrying signs in that interview that there's not a hell of a lot of fresh ideas swilling about in pm' s head. I fear he will be swayed by the workerforce rather than be a strong visionary leader. Hope I'm wrong.

Any money we have needs to be spent on infrastructure - coaching, scouting, facilities, youth development etc. Any investment on players must be predominantly < 25 year olds. We cannot make the same mistakes as before. There needs to be far more consideration into where we will be in 10 years time than how we will compete with Celtic next year or the year after.