The problem with closed threads

The problem with closed threads is when one reads something on them that is a lie about oneself and an no longer respond.

I just read the following and cannot let it go:

"This thread started as an attack on the SNP but was posted in Rangers chat for some reason. It would have been better if the OP had been honest about his motivation for posting and put it in the lounge."

I can't vote for the SNP because I live in England but my entire family has moved from Labour to SNP in the last decade (and yes that includes lifelong Rangers fans before anyone jumps up against them).

I live in England so I can't vote for the SNP but the attacker on me might be very surprised at who I would vote for (except I used to live in O'Hara's constituency, so maybe not...) but it certainly would not by Labour or Tory. Anyway, that's beside the point - I would have posted exactly the same if the tweets had come from any other party. I guess I'd have to get the Greens to change their name.....However my point here is that it was not an attack on the SNP it was an attack on tweets by an SNP councillor and I would have posted the same had it been from a Labour or Tory councillor's tweets.

Best not to think you know other people before questioning their honesty and fire off accusations when you haven't a clue what they are thinking or what their motivations are. I posted it in Rangers Chat because the tweets were about Rangers footballing history and claiming we had a history of only three seasons (including this one).

The problem with closed threads is when one reads something on them that is a lie about oneself and an no longer respond.

I just read the following and cannot let it go:

"This thread started as an attack on the SNP but was posted in Rangers chat for some reason. It would have been better if the OP had been honest about his motivation for posting and put it in the lounge."

I can't vote for the SNP because I live in England but my entire family has moved from Labour to SNP in the last decade (and yes that includes lifelong Rangers fans before anyone jumps up against them).

I live in England so I can't vote for the SNP but the attacker on me might be very surprised at who I would vote for (except I used to live in O'Hara's constituency, so maybe not...) but it certainly would not by Labour or Tory. Anyway, that's beside the point - I would have posted exactly the same if the tweets had come from any other party. I guess I'd have to get the Greens to change their name.....However my point here is that it was not an attack on the SNP it was an attack on tweets by an SNP councillor and I would have posted the same had it been from a Labour or Tory councillor's tweets.

Best not to think you know other people before questioning their honesty and fire off accusations when you haven't a clue what they are thinking or what their motivations are. I posted it in Rangers Chat because the tweets were about Rangers footballing history and claiming we had a history of only three seasons (including this one).

In that case, if I jumped the gun by including you among the knee-jerk anti-SNP mob, I apologise and retract the accusation.

Now you have got that off your chest Steve and Papa has kissed and made up;)2 I will close this thread so as it does not grow into another political battle. If you don't agree PM me.