Sports Direct boycott Update

1,500,000 signatures would not make one bit of difference to Ashley. As has been shown time and time again he doesn't care about criticism, only the contracts.

Better than doing nothing but wholly ineffective. Blockades of all Sports Direct stores, picketing of the Rangers shop on matchdays, these are the things that MIGHT make a difference, and even then i am not sure it would.

1,500,000 signatures would not make one bit of difference to Ashley. As has been shown time and time again he doesn't care about criticism, only the contracts.

Better than doing nothing but wholly ineffective. Blockades of all Sports Direct stores, picketing of the Rangers shop on matchdays, these are the things that MIGHT make a difference, and even then i am not sure it would.

I tend to agree but it does offer up genuine numbers of people unhappy enough to take a few moments to register this disgust.

More fans should sign it and, like you say, at the very least there should be a picket outside the Megastore. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where the club and any pickets would stand legally with respect to the shop surrounds.

Peaceful protest asking any supporters wishing to go in to the store to refrain as the money does not go to the club.

Unfortunately some supporters have no option but to go into the store to pick up merchandise for kids who don't understand the politics, only that they want a Rangers scarf/top for their birthday/Christmas. It is these supporters we have to convince that the short term pain of not being able to satisfy their kids demands will be worth the long-term gain of getting a fair retail contract.

Perhaps the club could allow the RST to have a stall set up beside the official store to sell the "unofficial" replica kits, given that the profits from that go to the club by way of share purchases. I don't know if that would break the retail contract as it is not the club selling it or endorsing it, just allowing a fans group the opportunity to raise funds to put into the club.

Perhaps the club could allow the RST to have a stall set up beside the official store to sell the "unofficial" replica kits, given that the profits from that go to the club by way of share purchases. I don't know if that would break the retail contract as it is not the club selling it or endorsing it, just allowing a fans group the opportunity to raise funds to put into the club.

I'd like to see the RST, RangersFirst and maybe even other fans selling unofficial shirts, scarfs & hats solely for the purpose of buying shares and investing money directly into the Club, but to do it on the street they would need proper street traders licenses and to do it on Club property they would need the Club's blessing, which would essentially be an endorsement.

That would result in nothing but aggro between those who want to buy and those who don't and I agree with you that Ashley wouldn't give a toss.

I also see that the self-proclaimed, apolitical stance of Rangers First has now gone for a burton with a vote being mooted with regards to a merchandising boycott.

While the deal is patently one-sided, individuals are more than capable of deciding where to spend their own money and should not be subjected to the sort of 'shaming' intimidation which was employed by the Yes campaign.

Peaceful protest asking any supporters wishing to go in to the store to refrain as the money does not go to the club.

Unfortunately some supporters have no option but to go into the store to pick up merchandise for kids who don't understand the politics, only that they want a Rangers scarf/top for their birthday/Christmas. It is these supporters we have to convince that the short term pain of not being able to satisfy their kids demands will be worth the long-term gain of getting a fair retail contract.

I don't believe that is the case anymore due to some legal technicalities. I think they are handing out tickets now.