Exposingtherhats

https://exposingtherhats.wordpress.com/

Where’s the RSL’s £50?

Posted on July 6, 2015

“No corporate body has or will have a “voice” which we as a group would be the vehicle for.” Bill McMurdo 03/07/2015

A noble claim I’m sure all will agree, sadly for Bill within 30 minutes of these words being posted Craig from Sons of Struth published conclusive evidence that in fact the ex Rangers board (a corporate body by anyone’s definition) did indeed use Bill as the vehicle for their “voice”. As of this moment we still await Bill’s excuse for why a “non-conformist” such as himself was publishing whatever members of the Rangers board asked him to.

At least at this challenging time Bill can rely on the support of the Rangers Supporters Loyal and it’s ever swelling membership. I’m happy to be able to share some interesting facts about this phenomenon which appears from the website to have the backing of luminaries such as The Queen and Martin Luther King.

– Mediahouse submitted a business case to Keith Bishops Associates on the 1st of July for them to provide £3000 of funding to the Rangers Supporters Loyal. The basic proposal was that the money could be used for advertising, migrating to a new website with proper SEO and some other activities which made the group seem larger than what it was.

– Although designated for RSL activities the funding was to be held and distributed by Mediahouse as the RSL had no suitable banking facilities.

– The funding was required as although the RSL had been a useful method of creating the appearance of division in the Rangers support it’s impact had been limited by a lack of funding. As of July 1st there were 8 members of the group only 5 of whom had paid the £10 entry fee.

Sadly Gary Thompson who is Ramsay Smith’s point of contact in London wasn’t prepared to authorise extra expenditure on what was always intended to be a short term, low budget disruption campaign.

The 5 paying members part intrigues me, I have to confess I thought it was just Ramsay and Bill typing furiously to each other over there. It raises the question where is the £50, particularly as the website appears to be a free WordPress blog. I have sympathy with Bill here, keeping accounts can be a pain and given the “swelling ranks” of the RSL must have been a logistical nightmare.

Thankfully for all concerned there is an easy solution to the challenging question of where these sign up fees are. In Bill’s latest blog it was pleasing to note he was committed to transparency “We are happy to allow a full forensic audit of our group and this website by trusted bears”.

Great news on this front, I have a volunteer to audit the Rangers Supporters Loyal books free of charge, this chap was trained at a Big Four accountancy firm and has held a season ticket at Ibrox for a number of years so I think we can bracket him as very much a “trusted bear”.

You’ve got my number Bill, give me a call when you’re ready and we’ll find where that £50 went.

If this fan group is so small, why do others persist in giving them undue attention.

The big boys met at Ibrox the other week in terms of fan representation so we have no need of this stuff.

Is there need for any group Frankie?

Not sure what you mean?

Yes, I think we need at least one fan group - possibly two in my opinion. Any more just represents confusion.

Why do you think the support need a group? For what purpose?

I think there are lots of reasons and I'm sure you will have read most of them over the 2.5 years you've been on here...

Media

Ticketing

Matchday experience

Facilities

Share purchases

Board representation

Edited by Frankie

it why we need a group for any of they things that I cannot understand. Communication is simple in this day an age. There is no need for any group to speak for anyone on those matters. We can all do so for ourselves directly and freely.

One voice is fine.

Thousands of voices together is better.

IMO of course.

Majority feeling does not need a single voice. a person with a calculator on the receiving end is all that is needed.

How many of the groups present at the recent meeting with the board collated their members thoughts before commenting on their behalf on the issue presented? I bet a big fat zero.