Workaholic Warburton is going to shake Rangers

I Personally think this is the best shake up the club has had since Holmes came in and Brought Souness in in 86 which led to a great set up for the next decade. (The Advocaat reign was a delight but cheque book funded) I think Warburton is going to lay a terrific foundation....its up to the players to carry it out.

As said earlier, only a fool would expect a magic wand to be waved by now. Hard graft earns itself and that's what its going to take.

Given the money Advocaat was given then he should have never lost any league probably even the European cup, I am biased though I can't stand the guy, he is just a money hawk.

Given the money Advocaat was given then he should have never lost any league probably even the European cup, I am biased though I can't stand the guy, he is just a money hawk.

Souness was a chequebook manager too

Advocaat was responsible for Murray Park being built

Edited by colinstein

I Personally think this is the best shake up the club has had since Holmes came in and Brought Souness in in 86 which led to a great set up for the next decade. (The Advocaat reign was a delight but cheque book funded) I think Warburton is going to lay a terrific foundation....its up to the players to carry it out.

As said earlier, only a fool would expect a magic wand to be waved by now. Hard graft earns itself and that's what its going to take.

It doesnt take a magic wand to get players of decent calibre in before the season begins. Hard graft only gets you so far, if hard graft was enough crawford would be a first team regular. He can work that squad to death, it still aint going to cut mustard. Needs a massive overhaul of a higher quality not similar.

I think Warburton is the man to take us forward everything else he is doing and saying is spot on. It may just take a quick sharp shock at the standard required to do so on the player front, think burnley and hibs will give him just that.

We finished third last season whilst enveloped in chaos, under three managers, two of whom had clearly chucked it. We sold our best player in January and didn't replace him and a large number of the squad knew they weren't getting a new contract and no matter what people say that affects how they train and play. On top of that there was clearly no team spirit and Hearts were clearly the best side in the league by some way. None of the players that have been released are a huge loss, yes we've lost some experience and competition for places but is there really anyone of them you could say we'll really miss this season?

What I think that means is if some stability and team spirit can be injected along with a game plan then the squad is certainly capable of gain promotion as it stands. St Mirren won't be as strong as Hearts were although I think they've made a shrewd choice of manager, Hibs have cut their squad and QOTS and Falkirk won't be any stronger than last season. The squad as it stands should be strong enough to win the league, it won't be easy but it's certainly achievable.