RANGERS under-20s v Inverness Caley Thistle. Kick-off tonight 6pm,

Looks like Durrant is enjoying the new Manager.

A THOROUGHLY dominant performance from Rangers under-20s in their 2-0 win over Inverness tonight left coach Ian Durrant absolutely thrilled.

Dylan Dykes had the youngsters ahead early before Robbie Crawford sealed the points in the second half to make it two wins and a draw from the youngsters’ opening three games in the SPFL Development League.

Afterwards, Durrant spoke to RangersTV.tv and explained: “We were excellent from start to finish, and we totally dominated the game, and the win was just reward for the work they put in tonight.

“We’ll find out on Friday when we do our video analysis just how much possession we had, but even on the eye you saw how much we dominated and also our eagerness and willingness to get on the ball tonight was exceptional, and it was a really good team effort.

“We lost our centre-forward – Ryan Hardie – to the first team, which we don’t mind doing, so we had to put Robbie Crawford in there as a makeshift, and I thought he was absolutely excellent.”

The two goals scored by Rangers tonight really were excellent, with Dykes doing extremely well to finish on the slide from the edge of the area, before Crawford combined with Fraser Aird with a well-worked corner kick routine to make it 2-0.

And the two strikes, as well as a number of individual performances, left Durrant delighted.

He added: “Big Dylan has come in and shown a great desire to drive forward and that was a great finish from him.

“We said to Robbie at half time to keep persevering and he would get his rewards – and it worked out that way with a great finish.

“There’s a right feelgood factor around the club just now from the first team all the way down to the 20s, the 17s and the 16s, and with our new formation and way of playing the boys are really enjoying it, and I thought individually tonight there were some great performances.

“At times Inverness were chasing their tails, but we showed really good patience, and you can see the way they are trying to evolve and play the game, and on any other night we might have scored more goals.”

Motherwell are next up for Durrant’s men next Tuesday, with the Steelmen having won one and lost the other of the two matches they’ve played so far.

Durrant said: “They will all be tough games, and Motherwell are always a stuffy team. We’ll go out and stick to our principals and what we’re trying to implement here.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/item/9954-durrant-thrilled-with-win

That's a strong U20 side!

I wonder if Mark Warburton has asked Durrant to play Aird at right back because he'll be RB back-up for Tavernier?

I'd love to be there to see the lad Jordan Thompson in action.

Thomson hasn't played at all well so far for the youths from what I hear.