First thing to say is I'm not moaning that we're now playing actual football. I love it. But watching Arsenal getting bullied out of the game against Chelsea, not for the first time, made me wonder what it'll be like here, where refs are even more lenient of physical football.

When we're in the top flight, will Warburton's teams be tough enough to play real football in the SPFL bare knuckle arena? I suppose it depends who he buys in the next two windows but I haven't seen anything to suggest an enforcer in on the shopping list.

I'll need to make a decision between maybe losing some games to teams playing 20th century garbage or watching us go back to that style ourselves. Actually, there's no decision to be made, I hope we tough it out and keep on playing the right way.

First thing to say is I'm not moaning that we're now playing actual football. I love it. But watching Arsenal getting bullied out of the game against Chelsea, not for the first time, made me wonder what it'll be like here, where refs are even more lenient of physical football.

When we're in the top flight, will Warburton's teams be tough enough to play real football in the SPFL bare knuckle arena? I suppose it depends who he buys in the next two windows but I haven't seen anything to suggest an enforcer in on the shopping list.

I'll need to make a decision between maybe losing some games to teams playing 20th century garbage or watching us go back to that style ourselves. Actually, there's no decision to be made, I hope we tough it out and keep on playing the right way.

Our central defence would get bullied (and goalkeeper) as it stands. Without doubt.

Yes, across Europe we see the best teams playing a passing game and regularly defeating opposition who often use defensive, physical tactics. Here is no different. Well this league is different in so much that the standard is woeful, and any half decent passing team would walk the league. Physical opposition didn't stop us destroying the opposition when Advocaat was in charge. Until Mon came at least.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

I will forego the physicality to continue seeing the finesse we have. Scott Brown or Andy Halliday ? Andy Halliday every day of the week,

That said, Kiernan looks like he could handle himself in any company and Waghorn looks like a brick shithoose. I am sure we will be fine.

It isn't always about brute strength or size anyway - look at Zelalem, very slight in physique but very rarely gets pushed off the ball.

Funnily enough.... I have heard that previously this is why our youth Academy at the older age groups haven't been quite so successful - because whilst we played proper football at the younger age groups, at the older groups it became more a results driven business - and other teams were using physical strength to beat us - we took a "cant beat them so join them" attitude - glad to see both Mulholland and Warburton shaking off those 20th century shackles !

Prophetic post Germinal, we were bullied last night, St Johnstone's physicality and experience were too much for us.

Bullied was exactly the description I used last night. I'm sure that didn't escape Warburton's attention either, which is probably why he wants Eustace.