A Return To Normality

AFTER seeing the previous two Rangers AGM’s descend into chaos with the previous board being castigated by those in attendance, current Managing Director Stewart Robertson admits it will be nice to return to a sense of normality.

While still anticipating plenty of questions of a serious nature, he is looking forward to providing answers to queries of a more trivial manner too.

He explained: “We were saying the other day it will be nice to be back to normality and have an AGM talking about the price of pies and the colour of the socks.

No doubt there will be some discussion about other topics but it’s all about returning to normal – that is what we want to do, we want to have a normal football club.

“It’s all about the football and we’re a football club; everything the board, Andrew Dickson and I do is there to support Mark and David and the football team, the first team squad and the academy – it’s all about football.”

When next year’s results are announced, they will reflect the work of the current board in its entirety, and while a loss can still be anticipated, they should be much, much healthier.

Robertson added: “I know fans will see a healthy financial position next year, the turnover should be increased, there may still be a loss but it should be much smaller than we’ve incurred in the past 12 months.

“They will see a much more settled report, investment in the infrastructure and the people; I think we have probably recruited in excess of a dozen people seen the summer in key roles.

“We’ve brought in our own tradesmen to try and improve the stadium so all in all it should be a much more settled picture that we see in next year’s report.”

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/a-return-to-normality/

AFTER seeing the previous two Rangers AGM’s descend into chaos with the previous board being castigated by those in attendance, current Managing Director Stewart Robertson admits it will be nice to return to a sense of normality.

While still anticipating plenty of questions of a serious nature, he is looking forward to providing answers to queries of a more trivial manner too.

He explained: “We were saying the other day it will be nice to be back to normality and have an AGM talking about the price of pies and the colour of the socks.

No doubt there will be some discussion about other topics but it’s all about returning to normal – that is what we want to do, we want to have a normal football club.

“It’s all about the football and we’re a football club; everything the board, Andrew Dickson and I do is there to support Mark and David and the football team, the first team squad and the academy – it’s all about football.”

When next year’s results are announced, they will reflect the work of the current board in its entirety, and while a loss can still be anticipated, they should be much, much healthier.

Robertson added: “I know fans will see a healthy financial position next year, the turnover should be increased, there may still be a loss but it should be much smaller than we’ve incurred in the past 12 months.

“They will see a much more settled report, investment in the infrastructure and the people; I think we have probably recruited in excess of a dozen people seen the summer in key roles.

“We’ve brought in our own tradesmen to try and improve the stadium so all in all it should be a much more settled picture that we see in next year’s report.”

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/a-return-to-normality/

I'll drink to that....

Tut tut know your rangers darthter....

to be honest....I'd rather not know who he is, unless he's pulling on a blue shirt on a Sat afternoon. To me this shows signs of a real move forward. I have to really think who is on the board now - a couple of years back, I could have rhymed the board off nae bother.

to be honest....I'd rather not know who he is, unless he's pulling on a blue shirt on a Sat afternoon. To me this shows signs of a real move forward. I have to really think who is on the board now - a couple of years back, I could have rhymed the board off nae bother.

Personally Dart I'm only concerned what's on the park if I had to read everything about what's happening in the boardroom i wouldn't be able to sleep...