Six-goal win sent a message to Hibs that we won't drop our standards.

JAMES TAVERNIER was delighted that Rangers six-goal rout of Dumbarton kept their foot on Hibs throat in the race for the Championship.

The Englishman bagged his 11th goal of the campaign at the weekend and also set up three other strikes.

But he said the win was vital because it sent a message to the Easter Road men after Rangers 4-2 win over Alan Stubbs men the last week saw them open up a three-point gap at the top of the second tier.

He said: “We wanted to follow up from the Hibs game and put on the same display. We didn’t want our standards to drop.

We went from playing in front of 50,000 to different surroundings but we kept the motivation up in training all week ahead of this game.

“It was a good performance and we have to be relentless when we play and try to score as many as we possibly can.

“It doesn’t matter what time it is in the game. If we’re 2-0 up we want to score more goals and it’s the same even if we’re 5-0 ahead."

Tavernier was equally delighted that the defence held firm at the Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium as Dumbarton folded in the face of Gers goals rush

He told the club website: “I was delighted we got the clean sheet. That’s what we really wanted. And then to set up three goals and score myself was a massive bonus. I thought I was going to stay on 10 goals for a while but I’m pleased it went into the back of the net.

“I’m also happy for Kenny Miller getting the hat-trick and Andy Halliday getting his goal. It shows the boys are really enjoying their football again and there’s a good vibe in the dressing room.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/rangers/14181365.Six_goal_win_sent_a_message_to_Hibs_that_we_won_t_drop_our_standards__says_Rangers_ace_James_Tavernier/?

I thought the 4-2 win at Ibrox was magnificent after the pressure everyone put on the game, but my concern, admittedly, was the following game at Dumbarton. Dumbarton's football arena isn't exactly the Amsterdam Arena is it? Of course it isn't... but if we are honest with ourselves we'll admit it's a dire place for any professional footballer to strut there stuff at...but we did, we went there and played football. Not many clubs will go there and win 6-0...it's such an uninviting ground I think, lacking in almost everything a football ground should be.

Edited by Bearman
Forgot to post link to article...Again!