Gers Confirm Burnley Friendly

RANGERS confirmed today they will host Burnley in a pre-season friendly at Ibrox Stadium on Saturday, 30 July – kick off 3pm.

Sean Dyche’s side clinched promotion to the English Premier League last season and they will travel to Glasgow for a pre-season friendly ahead of the 2016/17 campaign.

The Clarets beat Rangers 1-0 at Ibrox last July, thanks to a strike from ex-Falkirk star Scott Arfield, but it was a fine performance from Warburton’s men and the Manager will be looking for another positive display next month.

Former Burnley midfielder Joey Barton, Matt Crooks, Josh Windass and Jordan Rossiter have already been recruited this summer and all four will be keen to pull on the famous Rangers jersey against top class opposition.

Mark Warburton commented: “Burnley were very welcome visitors a year ago and gave us an enormously beneficial test for the season ahead.

“We look forward to again welcoming Sean Dyche, his staff and players for what we know will be a very tough challenge but one that helps both teams prepare for their respective campaigns.”

Tickets for the Burnley game will be on sale week commencing 4 July from http://www.rangers.co.uk, Rangers Ticket Centre or calling 0871 702 1972* – priced £15 for adults, £10 for concessions and £5 for kids.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/gers-confirm-burnley-friendly-2/

I was checking the league cup fixtures yesterday and noticed that we dont have a game on matchday 5 - 30th July, and was assuming we would arrange a home friendly for that date. Burnley seem a decent choice again. I wont be going as I dont like friendlies but I hope that with the prices being set at reasonable levels we will get a good crowd along for this.

This will be my boy's first Rangers game. We get back from our hol on the Thurs before, so should be a nice wee end to our time off. It's great as well cause the three of us can go for £35 which I swear is cheaper than the cinema!