Dave King Fan Response #1

Trublu:

Your posts on this subject come across as being highly cynical but perhaps that's understandable after the past x years. I agree that he is being a little political in his answers, but I believe this is just a case of setting expectations rather than anything more Machiavellian.

Like everyone else on here I want to get answers to the questions, but I also want to see them deliver on their commitments. So far I'm very satisfied with our transfers. Who would have thought 18 months ago that we would be in a position to sign some hot prospects (like Rossiter), never mind the likes of Barton and Kranjcar? I didn't. To see guys like that being attracted to our club is a massive step forward, and to see them come in to develop some exciting new talent is exactly what we all want. If we continue with this transfer policy I will be one happy bear. Isn't that what DK is articulating? Isn't he just delivering what he's said in his response?

I'm glad we have guys like you that will naturally keep pushing for more details, and give us the alternative view, but to be taken seriously you need to strike the right balance and be a little fairer in your assessment/opinion. But that's just my opinion.

Edited by Gaffer

trueblue ... thanks for the exhaustive reply above. It is your opinion and fair enough. As gaffer has pointed out, it seems to be a rather cynical approach to the subject though. A bit like King intented to mislead us with "nonsense" babble. Which I doubt. He is pretty frank about the situation . It remains to be seen whether he will explain it somewhat more, or why not more money is being invested in e.g. the title challenge.

Regarding the latter, we do have to keep in mind - notwithstanding the market situation - that we hardly have a clue who MW and SDoW actually want. Likewise, it could well be that we have spoken to a dozen players on our list who simply declined anything we had to offer ... to stay where they are or rather move some other league - for whatever reason. Hundreds of clubs are at the prowl at the moment. All big ifs and buts, but nothing we can be certain about. And we won't be told either.

But to ease (all) your sleep, I'll draw a ticket for this Friday's Eurojackpot and if I snatch the Euro 34m jackpot, I'll sure hand a healthy sum interest free to the Rangers board!