Warburton confident of landing Dodoo

Judging from what the manager is saying in this this BBC article I would guess that Doddo wants to sign and we want to sign him and Leicester are willing to let him come to us. All we appear to be waiting for is the paperwork to be completed. We need to get him some pitch time before Hamilton.

Rangers manager Mark Warburton remains hopeful of signing Leicester City forward Joe Dodoo.

But the deal will not be finalised in time for the 21-year-old to feature in Tuesday's League Cup match against Annan Athletic at Ibrox.

Warburton is keen to make the striker, who would command a development fee, his ninth signing of the summer.

"I'm hoping the paperwork is being finalised. The two clubs are talking," Warburton said.

"It's above my pay grade so I will let the clever people get on with that and I'll do my stuff.

"He has trained with us and he's a top young lad and a top young talent as well. I'll be excited to get him on board."

Dodoo would follow Joey Barton, Matt Crooks, Matt Gilks, Clint Hill, Lee Hodson, Niko Kranjcar, Jordan Rossiter and Josh Windass in moving to Ibrox this summer.

Midfielders Kranjcar and Windass featured as substitutes in Saturday's 2-0 League Cup win over Motherwell and both are expected to start against Annan, along with goalkeeper Gilks and defenders Hill and Hodson. Midfielder Barton may come on from the bench.

Crooks is still recovering from an ankle operation while Rossiter is playing for England Under-19s.

"We will use the squad over these four [League Cup group] games and [the friendly against] Burnley is another step up in terms of quality, and we have to use that game wisely as well," Warburton added.

"I want all the squad to know what it's like at Ibrox and look forward to that first [Premiership] game [against Hamilton Academical], which will be a complete sell-out.

"It's a fantastic football stadium and the pitch is in magnificent shape, so we want the players to get used to that.

"It won't be a 50,000 sell-out [against Annan] of course, but it will be great for the players to experience a game under lights, the smell of the grass, and what Ibrox is all about."

I never read these articles - I just watch the press conference. It is amazing how much spin a journalist can put on certain comments.

I just want it done and dusted as quickly as possible then get him into the team as quickly as possible. He has pace and has a variety of tricks up his sleeve and is touted as a "more complete" finisher than Waghorn. This might be a step in the right direction regrading our failure to turn our massive possession superiority into goals.

The bookies have Motherwell just behind Hearts in the odds ranking for the title. Motherwell overall were totally dominated, the second half possession statistics were 69% for us 31% for them and the whole match statistics weren't much different from that.

If we can turn that into goals I feel we could be the highest scoring team in the league just as we comfortably were last year. This team has a lot more quality sprinkled through it and I think there has been plenty of evidence to suggest that the vast majority of the SPL is scarcely different from at least the top half of the Championship.

I'm looking for them to bag a minimum 3 tonight otherwise the usual media pundits will spin it into a total failure and label us not up to the title challenging standard we aspire to be. I think we will but even if we didn't I still wouldn't be overly concerned. We need to get all the signings completed and the first 11 on the pitch before anybody can make any meaningful judgement.