Zlatan Ibrahimovic debut goal for Man Utd

Though it was a good goal he was a shade lucky to get it because he didn't catch the ball cleanly but what I liked even better was their build up. It looks like a perfect example of what the manager is trying to get our players doing and check how they had to play it all the way back midway into their own half at one point.

One thing about Rangers is that we might not be putting in enough crosses such as the one this goal came from. And incidentally for any who may think some of our players are too old Ibrahimovic will be 35 this year. Both Kranjcar and Barton are younger.

The piece of skill from Ibrahiamovic in 27 seconds was something else.

The actual finish was pretty much standard ZI.

Saw him in some CL games last season and ZI is definately on the way down and I was surprised MU signed him although I guess he's box office and helps the commercial brand.

Obviously still a player but if MU want to compete at the very top level they are going to need footballers in their prime. Although I guess a one year contract means he won't be playing CL and it is more understandable.

MUtd post Ferguson

- Long term project who wasn't really backed / binned

- Experienced supposedly safe pair of hands who got loads of money / binned

- Throw mucho money at manager with great track record but has he past his best ?

Personally I thought they should have given Moyes more of a chance. Ten months isn't a chance and you would imagine they of all people should have known that. It took Ferguson years to build a dominant team and when you look at the money Van Gaal splashed around while doing little better than Moyes it was a rash decision not to give him more time.

Now they have Mourinho who was a cheque book manager at Chelsea and is already reputed to be looking to spend £100 million on a single player. And incidentally his best known strategy at Chelsea is exactly what they apparently didn't like about Van Gaal in that he set up predominately to stop the other side scoring.