The English league proposal

I know this is being discussed on another thread in Rangers chat but the facet i'm introducing I would rather be here in a less public forum. The proposal to reorganise the English leagues including the possibility of an invitation to us to join is being discussed on Preston North End forums which I will provide this link to if anyone is interested.

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?100316-League-3-rears-its-head-again!

While they have varied opinions on this i'm going to post just a couple of comments made there by Preston fans starting with this one.

Celtic would not want exclusion from European football for a minimum of 5 years. Doubt they'd even be interested.

Another of them responded to that with this.

Course they would be interested, the money in the Prem is worth 5 years out of Europe.

And I responded to him with this.

Agreed the old firm would at a bare minimum think it over and probably give it serious consideration. And as for the English clubs who might be in that league with them why wouldn't they want a couple of giants who are crowd pullers only a very few in the premier league can match which would also make TV more interested in that league.

They would fill every ground they visited and get that league and the English clubs in it a much higher profile they would never otherwise have.

If it were to happen my opinion as a Rangers fan is that Rangers would fit very easily into the English system. You're talking about a following who wave Union Jacks and and support Britain and British forces in every possible manner.

Celtic on the other hand? A following who support IRA terrorism and are overall anti British. They sang pro-IRA songs during last years remembrance day silence. How does THAT fit into any English league.

Just even looking at the teams in the third tier down south is appealing. Away days to Charlton, Sheff Utd, Coventry and Bolton would raise the profile of that league and is more appealing than Hamilton away.

The Championship is getting loaded with big teams every year. Newcastle, Villa, Wolves, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Derby, Norwich - its like a Premier League 2.

Celtic will probably get what 30M for CL this season? While Watford and Bournemouth can expect to pick up about 90M from the Premier League - they survive the season and its the same again next season. Its well worth it.