Here is a piece from today's Guardian, a publication which constantly badgers on-line readers to contribute money .

I have always managed to resist its pitch. Articles such as this do nothing to change my mind, indeed, only harden whatever resolve I possess.

I wonder how much the fhilth paid for this oxterguff puff?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/15/celtic-christmas-advert-leigh-griffiths-brendan-rodgers-scott-brown

Nothing says Christmas more than Celtic’s Leigh Griffiths dressed as an elf

After their first Christmas advert became an internet hit, Celtic have produced a follow-up as they bid to become the John Lewis of the SPL

Leigh Griffiths celebrates scoring a goal for Celtic but has brought Christmas joy to the club’s fans by appearing as an elf in the Scottish champions’ latest advert

Paul MacInnes

Thursday 15 December 2016 11.25 GMT

If you listen, you may hear the sound of sleigh bells approaching. If you listen even closer you will realise you are wrong and that the ringing is coming from the tills in club shops.

’Tis the season to splash out on consumer durables and football clubs certainly aren’t about to miss out on the action. On Premier League websites you can find customised PlayStation cases at Bournemouth, Southampton’s special range of watches, Hull City’s tiger-inspired wrapping paper and, at Liverpool, a photo of Sadio Mané in Santa gear looking overwhelmed by a gift.

Some sites might simply plonk a crest on a reindeer-themed jumper and be done with it but others see an opportunity provided by digital platforms and a global fanbase. An example of a forward-thinking club are Celtic, who are seeking to turn themselves into the John Lewis of the SPL.

Recently the Scottish champions released their second annual Christmas advert. The premise involves an old man sharing a sofa with his young grandson. He is trying to get the wee ‘un interested in the glories of the Lisbon Lions, whose 50th anniversary falls next year, but the kid isn’t having any of it, so distracted is he by a smartphone. Then, just as granddad is on the verge of giving up, Leigh Griffiths appears on the mantlepiece.

He is a miniature Griffiths, dressed as an elf, here to bring joy and Celtic-branded presents to the household. Before you know it an imaginary Scott Brown has appeared in the stairwell. Finally, Brendan Rodgers turns up at the door too, his teeth as white as the falling snow. Truly, it’s a Christmas miracle.

Brown’s appearance is a cameo after he starred in the first Celtic Xmas ad as a small child’s only, invisible, friend. Posted on YouTube and shared via their various social channels, the video went viral and gave Celtic an idea.

“We realised it was an opportunity to show the lighter side to the club,” says Celtic’s commercial director, Adrian Filby. “That we’re a humorous brand, not just one with a great history. It was also a chance to engage supporters in a different way. Supporters want to get involved. They want to show their passion for the club and share the message wider. Effectively we’re a global club wrapped in a local market, but these adverts give us reach.”

A serious point: could anyone imagine reading a piece like this on Rangers?

No; but, to a man, woman, and child, we are are dour, humourless, serious minded Calvinists, our dancing feet tied by Jno Knox; of course, per Baron (sic) Reid of Cardowan, we are hypocritical to boot (I know, I know),

Edited by Uilleam

No; but, to a man, woman, and child, we are are dour, humourless, serious minded Calvinists, our dancing feet tied by Jno Knox; of course, per Baron (sic) Reid of Cardowan, we are hypocritical to boot (I know, I know),

Maybe it's just me, but it's being unfashionable that is one of things that draws me towards being a Rangers supporter. I certainly have no need for us to be loved by anyone other than Rangers fans.

Maybe it's just me, but it's being unfashionable that is one of things that draws me towards being a Rangers supporter. I certainly have no need for us to be loved by anyone other than Rangers fans.[/QUOT

Well marching to a different drum always attracts adherents.......