Aird Released

Quite surprised to see Walsh leave but he's struggled on loan so fair enough.

As for Aird, he was an OK wee player but obviously not rated in recent times so I can understand why he asked to be released.

The bulk of youth players will always be 'failures' for want of a better word but every now and again a Hutton or McGregor or Ferguson will come along to make it worthwhile. Yes, there's an argument for not having a youth system and signing the better players from other clubs but you'd soon find the rules (and prices) changed if we attempted that.

Aird played a part for us, I remember his goal against Queen's Park causing a lot of relief all around me. Along with McLeod and McKay he looked like he might make it then, but for whatever reason it hasn't happened for him. Falkirk are a good club, he might find a second wind there. Good luck to him.

Something has clearly gone wrong with Walsh. He has talent, but you need more than that to make it at a club like Rangers. It's a shame, every young player should look at Barrie McKay and see what can be achieved. He was another player who looked like it might not happen for him at one time.

I noticed Morton are having a good season, sitting third with a game in hand and looking assured a play off place, Andy Murdoch is an ever present in their midfield and had his contract extended to the end of the season. He's the one whose release baffled me, why a ball playing central midfielder couldn't find a place in our squad when it's clearly our weakest area is a mystery.

I think there is an argument that we're seen as to easy to deal with when it comes to moving on players.

Aird may not have been playing for us but his record is reasonable enough to have seen some negotiation with Falkirk. However, if our interest in Sibbald is correct, that's perhaps where the sweetener comes into play.