Kevin Thomson Academy

Kind of Rangers related - Kevin Thomson now has his own Academy and his rates are very reasonable. Does private 1-on-1 sessions with the kids and his rates are 25 quid for 45 minute sessions.

So I am shamelessly plugging Kevin's Academy - he is on Twitter for those interested.

Anyway, my kid (who is now in Boarding School just outside Watford) is at his grandparents this week on half-term break so I got him sessions with Kevin - Kevin has been fantastic to deal with and the little fella has been very excited about getting sessions from a pro who played for us....

He is still in his 1st session right now and the mother-in-law sent the wife a message telling her that "Liam Henderson is there too" to which I just groaned "Ach, he has a Tim there - Uggghhh".... then 10 minutes ago it gets even worse..... "Craig Jr just got his photo taken with all the players that are there.... and one of them is Scott Brown" - I nearly puked into my coffee :D

Wee update.

The wee fella facetimed me as soon as he got home. From the conversation I had with him all I can say is..... If anyone is thinking about getting sessions with Kevin Thomson then don't hesitate for a second. My kid has been playing football since he could walk and at a fairly competitive level and loves the game.

Yet I have never seen him as excited as he was today after his session with Kevin. He is absolutely pumped about his next session tomorrow. Ha, in fact, he now wants his mother to move back home to Scotland so he can move to Edinburgh and keep up the sessions with Kevin, lol.

Meeting Scott Brown was a bonus for him too - said he is actually a really nice guy..... Means my expletives at him in the next OF game will need to be of a less colourful nature :D

Just a wee update on this..

Craig Jr's session with Kevin today was cancelled - unfortunately the facility he was using (Firrhill High School near Oxgangs in Edinburgh) pulled the rug out from under him last minute. He was first class in dealing with us though - and came back to me this morning to say that he had a session tomorrow with one of his regular kids and the kid didn't mind Craig Jr joining them. So off he trots tomorrow.

Craig jr has absolutely loved being coached by Kevin and he has been absolutely first class to deal with. 25 quid for a 45 minute session with someone of that calibre is perfectly fine by me. Unfortunately the local facilities are pricing Kevin out so am trying to help him get facilities at a reasonable cost - so if anyone has any contacts in Edinburgh please feel free to PM me.

Craig Jr has enjoyed the sessions so much that he wants his Mum to move back to Edinburgh so he can continue with the sessions :D

Edited by craig