Jorg Albertz: Pedro Caixinha must be given time to bring silverware back to Ibrox

JORG ALBERTZ hopes Pedro Caixinha will be given time to make his mark at Ibrox and bring back the glory days to Rangers.

The Portuguese will look to lead the Light Blues into the Scottish Cup final on Sunday just weeks after he was appointed as Mark Warburton’s successor.

Albertz won seven major honours during his Gers career and knows patience will be a virtue as the rebuilding job continues on and off the park.

He said: “Everybody deserves a chance. It’s a huge club and you can’t step in and all of a sudden everything will be fine again. You need some time. “They must give him time but of course we all want success for Rangers. That’s the thing that’s been away for so many years now. “Hopefully we will have a glorious time again but I think it still takes time. We need to give the manager time as well.

“Sometimes you think people come to Scottish football thinking it’s easy but it’s not. “To play for a club like Rangers is not easy either. I think a lot of the players who joined Rangers don’t know how big the club is and I think they need to find out. Maybe they also need to take a bit of time themselves.

“I was fortunate to play in the glory times there. I had some great memories and hopefully they will come back.”

Rangers have struggled on their return to the Premiership this term but are on course to earn a berth in the Europa League qualifiers next season.

And Albertz reckons being back in continental competition would be another important step in the right direction for the Light Blues.

He said: “I think that is one of the main things for Rangers. Getting back into Europe will attract good players to join the club again. “At the moment, if we are being honest, who wants to play in the Scottish league not with a view to play in Europe? “If you want good players you need success, you need to play in Europe to attract the players then hopefully their time will come again.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15231415.Rangers_boss_Pedro_Caixinha_must_be_given_time_to_bring_silverware_back_to_Ibrox__says_Jorg_Albertz/