Barcelona et al financial steroids

I was listening to talkSPORT today and the conversation turned to Neymar. While talking about his proposed €220m transfer they also quoted the Catalan banking systems financial doping of Barcelona.

Also in the same conversation the governmental assistance and ownership of other clubs was discussed.

Maybe I'm missing something here but we have just been dragged through the shit for five years for simple tax avoidance. This is a common tactic routinely used by big business.

Celtic themselves have received preferential loans from the coop bank and financial assistance from the Scottish government. There is so much going on that shows how far the game is from being a level playing field.

It also occurred to me when Danny Kelly from talkSPORT was talking about the proposed imminent €300m transfer fee, that we may not be far from the bubble bursting? It will happen sooner rather than later now I fear. When governments or banks (as we found out) come calling for their investments back, no matter who it is, they have to pay. There are many clubs worldwide who will begin to see that day coming over the horizon.

Thoughts anyone?

Thoughts anyone?

The problem is simple. Football fans in small countries are happy to hand over a fortune to watch foreign/european football. European tournaments have dropped the pretence of being competitive and are all about putting money and power in the hands of a few teams in the big leagues.

The only way to do anything about it is to stop handing over that money and spend it watching football in your own country.