Community Shield/Premier League

Apologies in advance if something like this has been posted already...

Just watched the Community Shield highlights. Can't judge too much off one game, but I can't see Chelsea repeating as champions. Just something missing.

As for who will win, i'm really not sure. My favourite PL team is Tottenham, and I've liked them for now for around 9 years. White Hart Lane is one of the few non-Ibrox stadiums i've visited as a fan. That all said, though I think they will be in the hunt again, I think playing at Wembley will hurt them. Takes away some home field advantage.

I think one of the Manchester teams. Between the two, I have always preferred Utd, so why not - i'll go for them.

What are other people's thoughts?

I don't like the new penalty shoot out format to start with.

Arsenal started well but Chelsea would have probably held on with 11 men. Its a match that's hard to judge but Chelsea need a few additions to the squad or they wont win the title. Costa is a big miss for them.

I will probably do a premier league preview later this week.

Arsenal started well but Chelsea would have probably held on with 11 men. Its a match that's hard to judge but Chelsea need a few additions to the squad or they wont win the title. Costa is a big miss for them.

Yes I agree about the ABBA pens. There isn't a perfect format, but I prefer ABAB.

I don't think Chelsea would have held on with 11 men for one simple reason Gribz - the equalizing goal came from the free kick immediately after Pedro's red card. Pedro wouldn't have impacted the subsequent free kick as it was a header deep in the box.

I only saw the 2nd half yesterday but Arsenal looked to have picked up a very decent player in Kolasinac - they need Cazorla fit and/or Ramsey in form because Elneny just doesn't do it for me. Other than that Arsenal were pretty comfortable. This season's PL should be the most competitive in ages and it is difficult to name a winner.

I don't think Chelsea would have held on with 11 men for one simple reason Gribz - the equalizing goal came from the free kick immediately after Pedro's red card. Pedro wouldn't have impacted the subsequent free kick as it was a header deep in the box.

I only saw the 2nd half yesterday but Arsenal looked to have picked up a very decent player in Kolasinac - they need Cazorla fit and/or Ramsey in form because Elneny just doesn't do it for me. Other than that Arsenal were pretty comfortable. This season's PL should be the most competitive in ages and it is difficult to name a winner.

Yes - the goal came from that foul so that would have been all square. I felt the red was slightly harsh. But a silly challenge all the same and probably cost them.

Arsenal need to trip the squad players by selling Debuchy, Gibbs, Jenkinson then possibly Chambers although id keep the latter for a season to see if he can step up. I would say they need to get Lemar ASAP or be out bid by a big team. Someone like Calvalho to sit next to Xhaka sorts their midfield out then ahead of them you have Ozil or a fit Cazorla playing behind the strikers. I do like Xhaka and think he will be a key player this season after 1 year settling and a full pre season. He was unlucky with that 30 yard effort on Sunday.