NACHO HOPES Former Rangers star Nacho Novo throws hat into ring for Clyde job

NACHO HOPES Former Rangers star Nacho Novo throws hat into ring for Clyde job

The 38-year-old has been out of the game since quitting Glentoran and was unsuccessful in applying for the Airdrie post in August

RANGERS legend Nacho Novo is one of the names under consideration to become the new manager of League 2 side Clyde.

The 38-year-old scored over 70 goals during a 6 year spell at Ibrox which included winning three Championships, two Scottish Cups and one League Cup as well as hitting the winning penalty in a shoot-out that took Gers through to the UEFA Cup final in 2008.

Novi could make his managerial bow with Clyde

The Spaniard who also played for Raith Rovers, Dundee, Sporting Gijon, Legia Warsaw, Morton, Carlisle United and Carolina Railhawks ended his playing career with a stint at Northern Irish side Glentoran last season.

An application to become the manager of Airdrie in August was unsuccessful and Novo has now thrown his hat into the ring to replace Jim Chapman at the Bully Wee following his sacking last week.

The Broadwood club will have under-20 coach Tony McNally in charge for a second game when they face Stirling Albion tomorrow with interviews to become their new boss expected to start early next week.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1817641/rangers-hero-nacho-novo-clyde-manager/

Clyde's had quite a few managers. Barry was there, jim Duffy ,John Brown, Colin Henry...even Graham Roberts

That Broadwood's a nice wee complex. Right off the motorway, car parking, gyms, small pitches and running track

Thanks to North Lanarkshire Council who built it

too bad about Shawfied, but with it's shallow terracing and lamp posts for the dugs made it pish to watch football

Clyde's had quite a few managers. Barry was there, jim Duffy ,John Brown, Colin Henry...even Graham Roberts

That Broadwood's a nice wee complex. Right off the motorway, car parking, gyms, small pitches and running track

Thanks to North Lanarkshire Council who built it

too bad about Shawfied, but with it's shallow terracing and lamp posts for the dugs made it pish to watch football

When I was a boy I'd a pal who was a Clyde supporter. Many a lift-over I got at Shawfield.

When I was a boy I'd a pal who was a Clyde supporter. Many a lift-over I got at Shawfield.

first football match I was ever at was Clyde V tims at Shawfield. We lived round the corner in Oatlands and were feral as weans. I would have been about 4 years old and got lifted over with my pal...hard to imagine a 4 year old being allowed out and about these days

first football match I was ever at was Clyde V tims at Shawfield. We lived round the corner in Oatlands and were feral as weans. I would have been about 4 years old and got lifted over with my pal...hard to imagine a 4 year old being allowed out and about these days

I stayed about 100 yards away on Old Rutherglen Road mate.