International football windows

There are proposals to introduce two 3 week international football windows when the qualifiers for the big tournaments are played.

I'm not sure of the details but I think this sounds like an excellent idea.

For the viewer it means they can get really involved in the games and competitions in way they can't with a game every few months. It's like a mini tournament where you get to see your country play 4 or 5 games in a row. If you think how differently people get involved in the qualifiers compared to the finals, this could really get us involved in games that can be a bit ignored.

For the managers and players it means they can get together for a reasonable time with a stable squad and fix things when they go wrong or emphasise what went right and take it straight into the next game.

For club managers it means less disruption of their players and team plans.

For TV companies they can get package deals and focus on the games like they do on the finals.

I think it's winners all round.

Yeah ive been reading about this also and agree its a good idea. It stops the internationals being stop/start and disturbing the club campaigns but at the same time creates interest and is a huge advantage to the international teams as they get more time together and play a handful of matches close knit.

The only disadvantage i can see is if certain countries seasons are finished but it shouldnt affect to much as many players play abroad.

Sounds good to me also qualifying for the euro's i have heard that it will be a two legged game against another team, who wins get's to the finals as they will increase the tournament to 24 rather than 16