Bounce game vs Livingston on Tuesday

We played a bounce game against Livingston yesterday noon, finished 2-2 (HT 0-2):

McCrorie
Lyons - Bradley - Cardoso - Wallace
O'Halloran - Halliday - Dorrans - Dodoo
Miller - Herrera

Goals from Herrera and Dodoo.

An FFer said:
My nephew played in the game for Livi. He said GD fouled one of their players as they were one on one with young McRorie but the ref played on,we went straight up the park and scored lol Livi team was a mixture of first team and youths as well. He said GD is class on the ball but you could see he is just working his way back to fitness.

Thompson and Hardie were on international duty, so not playing against "us". More or less a game to get people fit and up to game speed.

Given these last couple of games I wonder whether we push John further up the left flank when Wallace returns and move Murphy into the creative attacking slot behind Morelos/Cummings. Preferrably, I'd have two strikers, but that is not en vogue with the manager right now. WIndass essentially vanished after he scored vs the Scum, both in that game and against Killie. Murphy is a constant threat. Mabye a role for Dorrans too ...

Edited by der Berliner

11 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

We played a bounce game against Livingston yesterday noon, finished 2-2 (HT 0-2):

McCrorie
Lyons - Bradley - Cardoso - Wallace
O'Halloran - Halliday - Dorrans - Dodoo
Miller - Herrera

Goals from Herrera and Dodoo.

An FFer said:
My nephew played in the game for Livi. He said GD fouled one of their players as they were one on one with young McRorie but the ref played on,we went straight up the park and scored lol Livi team was a mixture of first team and youths as well. He said GD is class on the ball but you could see he is just working his way back to fitness.

Thompson and Hardie were on international duty, so not playing against "us". More or less a game to get people fit and up to game speed.

Given these last couple of games I wonder whether we push John further up the left flank when Wallace returns and move Murphy into the creative attacking slot behind Morelos/Cummings. Preferrably, I'd have two strikers, but that is not en vogue with the manager right now. WIndass essentially vanished after he scored vs the Scum, both in that game and against Killie. Murphy is a constant threat. Mabye a role for Dorrans too ...

It's funny that you mention that dB, because that's where I'd like Murphy to play.  He's got the pace and skill and is arguably our most creative player.  It means most of,our best players can be on the pitch at the same time.

Windass sure has pace to burn and a good shot too, but that would be fine for games against teams which want to play football too or who have to open up and thus leave space to run into. Killie soaked up all of our pressure and hit us on the break ... and Windass was not creative enough in these games to have any significant impact.

WIth Dorrans still out, I wouldn't even mind putting Cummings alongside Morelos and Candeias, as the former two are pretty mobile, and able to cover the left flank with Murphy in the middle. In days gone by, I wouldn't have gone that route, since Miller was constantly roving about and leaving spaces open where he should be as a striker, but these four know where they have to be and are quick enough to be there.