Heart and Hand Podcast: Leith Lunacy

usually like H&H but getting fed up of the lack of real content from the "panelists"

David Edgar is insightful and sometimes funny (not always, and not as much as he thinks he is) but the other guests contribute nothing, other than agreeing with him.

1 minute ago, Forza said:

usually like H&H but getting fed up of the lack of real content from the "panelists"

David Edgar is insightful and sometimes funny (not always, and not as much as he thinks he is) but the other guests contribute nothing, other than agreeing with him.

Pod Demigod in 'follow follow without question' controversy ;):D

---------------------

Seriously, to say his guests contribute nothing either shows you haven't listened to many H&H podcasts or your hearing is very selective.

25 minutes ago, buster. said:

Pod Demigod in 'follow follow without question' controversy ;):D

---------------------

Seriously, to say his guests contribute nothing either shows you haven't listened to many H&H podcasts or your hearing is very selective.

I listen to the regular & extra pods, i dont subscribe to Patreon so I cant comment on content on there. My hearing is fine.

Is H&H another sacred cow that no one is allowed to criticise?

I don’t get a lot of football chat here so I listen to a lot of pods, this one is a regular on my list. I like most of it. Gives me something I miss with pals back in Scotland. I don’t like the shite non-football ‘banter’ it’s a red neck. 

Also, a bit too much bigotry for me. The name is a bit of a giveaway. That’s bugger all to do with Rangers. 

Edited by Barebear

2 minutes ago, Forza said:

I listen to the regular & extra pods, i dont subscribe to Patreon so I cant comment on content on there. My hearing is fine.

Is H&H another sacred cow that no one is allowed to criticise?

Your criticism is open to counter......That's the way it works !

I'm not slow to make critical observations when I think they are merited but I just find that your blanket point about his guests not contributing anything, is so obviously wrong that it deserves to be questioned.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

Your criticism is open to counter......That's the way it works !

I'm not slow to make critical observations when I think they are merited but I just find that your blanket point about his guests not contributing anything, is so obviously wrong that it deserves to be questioned.

I noticed on another forum someone dared to question one of the pod guests and was hounded.

How dare someone say anything bad about Davie Edgar's mates was the general response.

Not imagining you're coming from that POV but I'm a little guarded.

The two on the above pod never disagreed with him once, other guests, Hogg and Bell are names that spring to mind, are also two names that I can never remember a decent contribution or discussion from other than silly in jokes about being Davie's mates. 

3 minutes ago, Forza said:

I noticed on another forum someone dared to question one of the pod guests and was hounded.

How dare someone say anything bad about Davie Edgar's mates was the general response.

Not imagining you're coming from that POV but I'm a little guarded.

The two on the above pod never disagreed with him once, other guests, Hogg and Bell are names that spring to mind, are also two names that I can never remember a decent contribution or discussion from other than silly in jokes about being Davie's mates. 

Wrt what you refer to as "hounded", it rather depends on what was said in the first place, constructive criticism or something else.

I'm coming from the POV that your general point of criticism was incorrect, the guests, whether it be a little or a lot, obviously do contribute.

I'd simply suggest that you don't bother listening to it if you feel so strongly about it.

I think people are welcome to criticise other sites and pods but let's keep it constructive and fair.

FWIW, I think H&H is excellent and whilst I'm not particularly fond of one or two of the contributors (not personally I hasten to add) I think the vast majority of the content is very good and, to be honest, I'd not often I disagree with most of the points being made either.

However, I think pods such as that (and ours as well as this forum) can be tedious without someone at least playing devil's advocate now and again so it is important to have different points of view.

8 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I think people are welcome to criticise other sites and pods but let's keep it constructive and fair.

FWIW, I think H&H is excellent and whilst I'm not particularly fond of one or two of the contributors (not personally I hasten to add) I think the vast majority of the content is very good and, to be honest, I'd not often I disagree with most of the points being made either.

However, I think pods such as that (and ours as well as this forum) can be tedious without someone at least playing devil's advocate now and again so it is important to have different points of view.

I'd agree with that and point to it being the reason why the most recent Gersnet podcast was a good listen, when an hour or so went by without it becoming tedious.

It was the main reason why I thought DF stood out slightly because he was simply stating how he objectively saw things without any filters applied or pressure felt, eg. refereeing of game.