Competitive start to the league

It was interesting to hear Pete on the latest podcast talking about how our fans are now looking out for the Hearts results, when normally we’re just looking for Celtics result on a Saturday/Sunday. 

I’m not sure whether that means we’re hoping that Hearts lose so we can make up ground, given we’re already 7 points behind them after their impressive start to the season.

I don’t know what others think but I, for one, am looking out for them too, not for a loss, but rather hoping they keep it up. We still have to play Hearts four times - so I’m not worried at all about their position in the league relative to us ( for now at least) but what I do like about Hearts’ momentum is it makes our league that more competitive and Celtic don’t like that. Unless they are storming the league I think they feel the pressure and that can only be good for us. They’ve had it too easy for too long, Aberdeen never really made them sweat when they were mounting their so called challenge over the last few seasons, so I’m glad we have a team that are 5 points ahead of them so early in the season. I’d rather it be us of course, but I welcome the challenge from the other teams for once. 

If we can go on a good run now and Hearts keep up the pressure too, I think this could be a very exciting and closely fought campaign this season. It’s way too early to start making bold predictions from our side, nobody likes it when we do that. Ironically though, we’re already hearing from sections of the media that Hearts are title contenders after just 5 games, 

Anyway, bring it on, the more teams fighting at the top of the league and putting pressure on those that prefer ‘easy street’ the better in my opinion. 

Let’s go!

Edited by weebluedevil