ACADEMY | Boclair Judo Sessions

When I was training the u16's I used to let them do Piggyback fighting in a circle. The had to try and push the other couple out the circle, The kids loved it and didn't realise the energy they were putting in to it.

13 hours ago, pete said:

When I was training the u16's I used to let them do Piggyback fighting in a circle. The had to try and push the other couple out the circle, The kids loved it and didn't realise the energy they were putting in to it.

You're right the kids do love every things like this.  One thing I struggled with was how to get some aggression into kids.  It would frustrate me because we had some players with an amazing level of skill but they've just didn't have that desire or aggression to make them strong enough against more physical players.  These types of drills seemed to help a lot.

In addition, these judo sessions should better prepare the kids to handle themselves should they ever be attacked by exuberant opposing fans.