I watched it too. 

I think we see any Davis signing as one that would fulfil our #10 issue, but he was actually playing DM last night, as he does for Southampton; that's his position now, because he doesn't have the legs. Do we need another DM? 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I watched it too. 

I think we see any Davis signing as one that would fulfil our #10 issue, but he was actually playing DM last night, as he does for Southampton; that's his position now, because he doesn't have the legs. Do we need another DM? 

Davis covered every blade of grass last night! nothing wrong with his legs. He is head and shoulders above any of our current midfield players, I'd have him back in a heart beat.

4 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Davis covered every blade of grass last night! nothing wrong with his legs. He is head and shoulders above any of our current midfield players, I'd have him back in a heart beat.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat too.  But if he is to play DM then I think I would rather have Ryan Jack in there.  That said, Coulibaly is only on loan, and out of form, so if we were to continue with the 4-2-3-1 then Davis beside Jack could be a very good option.  However, for me our lack of creativity is more important to address - I am not sure Davis brings the creativity we would need to unlock packed defences.

If we could get a proper "10" and also get Davis, we would have done well for ourselves, though we also definitely need an additional striker IMO.